Light and Lean Potato Salad
Happy Friday, I hope you have had a great week! I have been enjoying my NOT Ironman training time by spending time with my family as the Summer winds down. Now that I have a little extra time on my hands, I have also been getting back into my other favorite hobby, cooking! I am a huge fan of potatoes and not just the chip version as you may have read about in a recent post. So maybe eating potato chips while I was supposed to be running at Ironman Lake Placid was not so smart. However, I do love potatoes as they can be prepared in a number of delicious and healthy ways. As an athlete, there are so many benefits to consuming a daily dose of spuds! They are easy to digest and help reduce inflammation. Not to mention they are packed with vitamins A, B6, and C! One baked potato even has more potassium than a banana…wow!! I have several ways I enjoy preparing them. However, this Light and Lean Potato Salad is a favorite so easy to make. Check it out here!
A mayonnaise-free light and lean potato salad!
- 3 lbs Baby Potatoes
- 1 Tbsp minced Garlic
- 1/3 Cup Lemon Juice
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Capers
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Red Onion
- 1 Cup Green Beans, trimmed & cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Parsley
- Boil 3 lbs of baby potatoes until fork tender, allow them to cool completely (I like to refrigerate them overnight).
- In large bowl, whisk together 1 Tbsp minced garlic, 1/3 cup lemon juice, 2 tsp Dijon mustard, 2 Tbsp EVOO, 2 Tbsp capers, ½ tsp salt, & ½ tsp pepper
- Add ¼ cup chopped red onion, 1 cup halved grape tomatoes, 1 cup fresh trimmed green beans & Tbsp chopped parsley
- Cut potaoes in half and gently toss in bowl with dressing and other veggies.
- Chill and serve!
So Tell Me…
What is your favorite way to eat potatoes? Do you use them to help fuel your workouts? Did you know that potatoes had so many wonderful nutritional benefits?
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a Great Weekend!!