Looking for a healthy side dish to serve up this holiday season? Give this easy to make Kale and Brussels Sprouts Salad with Cranberries a try! The combination of crunchy vegetables, sweet dried cranberries and savory dressing is so delicious. This salad is simple to make and is easy to prepare ahead of time.
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases.
What do I need to make Kale and Brussels Sprouts Salad
The combination of shredded Brussels sprouts with kale and broccoli slaw serve as the base for this salad. The best part is that if you are in a hurry, it is easy to find these items already prepped in the produce section! Some of the other items may already be in your pantry. Here is what you will need to make the salad and dressing:
- Chopped kale
- Shredded Brussels sprouts
- Broccoli slaw mix
- Dried cranberries
- Chopped bacon
- Pecan halves
- Olive Oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- Black Pepper
Looking for more delicious salad ideas? Give these reader favorites a try!
How do I make the Kale Brussels Sprouts Salad?
There are just three simple steps to preparing this Brussels sprouts salad recipe. Here is what you will need to do.
Step 1: Combine the vegetables
In a large serving bowl, add kale, Brussels sprouts, broccoli slaw mix, dried cranberries, chopped bacon, peptic and pecan halves. Toss ingredients until well mixed.
Step 2: Make the salad dressing
For the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl until emulsified. The ingredients can also be placed in a Mason jar and shaken together.
Step 3: Toss salad and dressing together
Add the salad dressing to the salad and toss together until ingredients are well coated. Serve and enjoy!
How do I store the kale Brussels sprouts salad?
This salad can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. If it is prepared ahead of time, the dressing can be added just before serving. However, if you would like the kale and Brussels sprouts softened some, dress the salad at least an hour before serving.
- 8 cups coarsely chopped kale
- 2 cups shredded brussel sprouts or thinly sliced brussel sprouts
- 2 cups broccoli slaw mix without dressing
- 1 ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup cooked and chopped bacon
- ½ cup pepitas
- ½ cup pecan halves
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Toss all the ingredients for the salad together in a large bowl.
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing together or shake together in a jar until well emulsified.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- This salad can be served immediately or refrigerated to allow the vegetables time to soften in the dressing.