This healthy granola berry crisp is quick and easy to make and has just 4 ingredients!
Happy Monday, I hope you had a great weekend! It was a beautiful weekend here in Maine, so I enjoyed plenty of time outside. On Saturday I did a 3 hour bike ride on a favorite route that I had not been on since my Ironman Lake Placid training last summer. The first 20 miles of the ride has a lot of elevation. One of the roads on it is aptly named “Long Hill Road”. Trust me, it is a long hill, but nothing like the climb near White Face mountain!
On Sunday, I had to conjure up every ounce of motivation to do my long run. I’m not sure why, but my desire to run has been really low this summer. However, I managed to pound the pavement for the one hour and forty minutes that was scheduled on my training plan. Of course when I was done, I was so happy that I had done it, despite being reluctant to start.
The long ride and run over the two days led to one thing: hunger! I was in the mood to do some baking, but not in the mood to go to the store. So, I poked around the pantry and found some granola and coconut. Then, I took a look in the freezer and discovered a nice big bag of mixed frozen berries. I knew exactly what I was going to whip up…a healthy granola berry crisp!
Healthy Granola Berry Crisp
This healthy granola berry crisp is very easy to make and only has four ingredients. It can be made with just about any kind of berries you like, fresh or frozen. A gluten-free version is also easy to make by just using gluten-free granola
- 12 Cups of Mixed Frozen Berries thawed and rinsed
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Cups Granola divided (use gluten-free for a gluten-free dessert!)
- 1 Cup Shredded Coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 3 quart baking dish with cooking spray and pour in mixed berries.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over berries, then toss to combine.
- Mix in shredded coconut and 2 cups granola.
- Spread remaining 1 cup granola on top of mixed berry concoction.
- Bake at 350 degrees until berries are bubbling and granola topping has lightly browned, approximately 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
The healthy granola berry crisp is a great after dinner treat served warm with ice-cream. It is also a lovely dish to serve at brunch. My kids enjoy it cold in a parfait layered with bananas and vanilla greek yogurt.
So Tell Me…
What is your favorite quick and easy dessert? What kind of berries do you like to use when baking? Let me know if you give this healthy granola berry crisp a try!
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a great week!
PIN IT HERE: