This Witch’s Brew Halloween Bark is the perfect treat for Halloween. It is easy to prepare and the kids will love helping out by adding the candies to the “Witch’s Brew”. The festive candy bark is made with different colors of candy melts, candy eyeballs, gummy worms and frogs, candy corn and jelly slugs for a “ghoulish” combination of sweets!
Halloween is always such a fun day to celebrate with the kids! This year looks a little different, so instead of trick-or-treating, we are planning a family movie night…Halloween style. So we will have some of our favorite movie night snacks with a ghostly twist, like my Halloween Witch Chips and Guacamole along with some other fun appetizers like Mummy Hot Dogs.
While I typically keep my recipes that I share here on the healthy-ish side, I could not resist sharing this colorful candy bark. The kid’s have such a blast helping to make the Witch’s Brew Halloween Bark. I know we will make it for other occasions as well!. Another sweet snack we enjoy making that is a little less sinful are these Halloween Rice Krispie Pops.
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases.
There are just a few things needed to make this Halloween Candy Bark. I actually ordered most of the items right from Amazon to make like easy! Here is what you will need:
- Candy Melts: Any brand works, but I find Wilton Candy Melts to be the highest quality.
- Candy Eyeballs: I used a variety of shapes and sizes similar to these from: Wilton
- Gummy Worms
- Candy Corn
- Gummy Frogs
- Harry Potter Jelly Slug Candy: These are a fun addition, I ordered them from Amazon.
Kitchen Items Needed:
How do I make the Witch’s Brew Halloween Bark?
There are just 3 simple steps to prepare this sweet treat for Halloween.
Step 1: Melt the Candy Melts
Prepare a baking sheet and line it with parchment paper. Start off by melting the candy melts in the microwave. Do this by placing each color of the candy melts in a separate microwave safe bowl. Melt each set on high heat, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted.
*PRO TIP: Do not overheat. If the candy is too thick, add vegetable shortening or coconut oil in 1 teaspoon increments, up to 1 tablespoon, and stir well. Do not add water.
Step 2: Spread out melted candy and add other ingredients
When all of the candy melts are ready, pour over the parchment paper and swirl together with a knife or icing spreader. While the candy is still soft, press the candies into the candy melts.
*PRO TIP: If the candy dries too quickly, you can heat the entire baking sheet over a stove burner on low heat but do not allow the baking sheet to rest over the burner for too long.
Step 3: Allow candy to dry, break into pieces and serve!
Allow to dry completely before breaking into pieces and serving.
How do I store the Halloween Bark?
It can be stored in the in a covered container on the counter for up to 3 days. I prefer to store it in the refrigerator as it will last up to 7 days. Just be sure to make it out about 20 minutes before planning to enjoy it, so the the candy softens up.
Can I use different types of candy?
Absolutely, this is a basic recipe that can be varied in a number of ways. My kids really enjoy making it, so we will probably make a batch with a Christmas twist and use red, white and green candy melts, then add Christmas candies. It would also be fun to make a Valentine themed version using pink melts with hot cinnamon candies. Mix it up any way you like!
So Tell Me…
What are your Halloween plans this year? Will you go trick-or-treating with your family or stay in and have a scary movie night? Have you ever made Halloween Bark?
Thank you so much for stopping by. As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a great week!
Witch's Brew Halloween Bark
- Candy melts in assorted colors
- Candy eyeballs in multiple sizes
- Gummy worms
- Candy corn
- Gummy frogs
- Harry Potty Jelly Slugs Candy or other similar candy
- Prepare a large baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Place each color of the candy melts in a separate microwave safe bowl.
- Melt each set on high heat, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted. Do not overheat. If the candy is too thick, add vegetable shortening or coconut oil in 1 teaspoon increments, up to 1 tablespoon, and stir well. Do not add water.
- When all of the candy melts are ready, pour over the waxed paper and swirl together. If the candy dries too quickly, you can heat the entire baking sheet over a stove burner on low heat but do not allow the baking sheet to rest over the burner for too long.
- While the candy is still soft, press the candies into the candy melts.
- Allow to dry completely before breaking into pieces and serving.