This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FindItInFrozen #GetFoodThatFits
Happy Friday, I hope you are having a great week! I am in the midst of training for a half Ironman distance triathlon that takes place in June. So, I have been busy squeezing my training in around my work and family schedule. It seems to all be jiving for the most part. However, one thing I have noticed is that as my training hours increase, my appetite increases even more! One of my big priorities for the year is to focus on proper nutrition throughout this training cycle. I am often rushed after big workouts and do not get a chance to properly refuel with essential protein. So why is protein so important? Check out these five benefits of eating more protein.
Five Benefits of Eating More Protein
1. Exercise Recovery- Protein is necessary for muscle tissue building, repair, and recovery. It is essential to get enough protein in your diet to help avoid tissue injury.
2. Satiates Appetite- I have already mentioned this, but let me explain why! High protein diets are associated with reduced caloric intake as protein dense meals help individuals feel full longer, which prevents snacking in between meals.
3. Increased Energy Level- Protein is a macronutrient, which is necessary for the body to function optimally, helping to increase overall energy level.
4. Optimal Brain Function- Consuming high quality proteins allows the building blocks to transport important messages to the brain, which helps with: motivation, cognition, & alertness.
5. Increased Muscle Mass- Eating protein stimulates an increase in muscle tissue production, while slowing down any breakdown. In turn, this aids in developing greater muscle mass and lean tissue.
Looking to add more protein to your diet? Hover over this image to purchase this entree at Walmart!
With all of these benefits, it would seem like a “no brainer” to make sure to consume a healthy dose of protein after a workout. However, when crunched for time, I often reach for the quickest thing to eat, which is often times not healthy or full of protein (this means chips and junk food…Yikes!). So, I was thrilled to discover STOUFFER’S FIT KITCHEN Teriyaki Chicken in store at Walmart! They are the perfect solution to my post-workout protein needs as each serving contains 24 grams of protein. These quick and easy entrees are so delicious and I love that they contain no artificial flavors. The tasty dish is made with tender white meat chicken with rice and vegetables in a savory teriyaki sauce. I love the convenience of this entree!
So Tell Me…
What do you like to eat after a workout? Have you tried STOUFFER’S FIT KITCHEN Teriyaki Chicken yet? If you would like to try the convenient entree, stop in at your local Walmart to purchase it. Thanks you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a Great Weekend! Angela #CollectiveBias