Happy Thursday, I hope you are having a great week! I just realized that daylight savings time begins this weekend. I am not excited about losing that hour of sleep, but it does mean that spring is right around the corner! With winter waving a long awaited goodbye, I am looking forward to getting back outside to bike and run. This is definitely the time of year that many people start to get back into regular exercise routines. It is also a time that people will begin their journey to wellness for the first time. So today I am sharing some Fitness Tips for Newbies.
Fitness Tips for Newbies
1. Get a Yoga Mat & Weights: Fitness does not have to be expensive! For example, something as simple as a yoga mat and light weights can be the perfect place to start and they are easy to take anywhere. You can find information on simple yoga routines online. Then, head outside with your yoga mat to enjoy the weather while you are stretching and practicing different beginner poses.
2. Use an App: Another inexpensive way to get started is to download an app such as Fitness Anytime. This will provide you with workouts to complete at home or on the road! Apps can be handy because they are portable, so your workouts can be done anywhere. They are also great to use because they allow you to be a little more flexible with your workout routine.
3. Start Little: The main mistake a lot of us make when we are getting back in shape is to try and change everything at once. If you want to make a long lasting change to your lifestyle, it is important to start with small steps. Don’t go from zero exercise to 5 days a week at the gym because it will shock your body and you may injure yourself. Start with two or three times a week and build from there as you create a base of fitness.
4. Eat the Right Foods: When you want to get fit and strong, it is essential to eat healthy foods which will fuel your body the proper way and keep you on track. Make sure to add lots of fruit and vegetables to your diet and be sure to eat plenty of lean protein such as chicken, fish, and beans. This will fuel the body in the right way and allow you to workout more productively and get much more fit.
5. Have fun: Exercise does not have to be a chore. It is important to have fun, try new things, and find something that you truly enjoy! It is also great to mix things up. Rather than going for a run or spending an hour at the gym, why not try and play a game of tennis with a friend or go for a bike ride with your family? Trying different Sports is a great way to stay fit and it can be a lot of fun when doing them with other people.
So Tell Me…
What is your favorite way to get outside and be active during Spring? Are you a Fitness Newbie or have you taken a long break from exercise?
Thank you so much for stopping by. As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a great week!
Pin it Here!