These Easy to Make Party Pinwheels are a colorful and delicious appetizer for any occasion! They are simple to prepare with just a few ingredients including: cream cheese, dry Ranch dressing, green onions, dried beef, cheddar cheese and tortillas.
If you are looking for a perfect party appetizer, look no further! These easy pinwheels are so fun to make and easy to share. Here are a few tips to make a big platter of simple finger foods for the holidays.
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases.
What do I need to make the Party Pinwheels?
This recipe makes about 20 to 24 party pinwheels depending on how big you cut them. There are also a lot of variations that you can experiment with. Here’s what you will need to make them:
- Cream Cheese
- Package of Dry Ranch Dressing
- Green Onions
- Dried Beef: I ordered a pack of 4 jars of Hormel dried, sliced beef from Amazon
- Cheddar Cheese
- Tortillas: I like to use a variety like Whole Wheat Tortillas, Spinach & Herb, Flour Tortillas, & Tomato Basil Tortillas
Kitchen Items Needed:
How do I Make Pinwheels?
I love this colorful finger food recipe for a number of reasons, but my favorite thing is that it is so simple to prepare! There are just a few steps to put make the Pinwheells.
Step 1: Chop onions and dried beef
Using a sharp knife chop the dried beef into small pieces. For green onions, cut of the dark green tops and chops the pale green to white section of the onion.
Step 2: Prepare the Cream Cheese Spread
Next, combine the softened cream cheese and ranch packet in a stand mixer until well combined. Then, add in shredded cheese and dried beef. (If you do not have a stand mixer, you can use a hand mixer or regular spoon. Just make sure cream cheese is very soft first.)
Step 3: Spread Cream Cheese Mixture and Roll Up Tortillas
Divide the cream cheese mixture by 4 and add ¼ of the spread to each tortilla. Use a spatula or spoon to spread the mixture onto tortillas Sprinkle with green onions, roll up and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Step 4: Cut Party Pinwheels, Serve and Enjoy!
Once chilled, remove the Pinwheels from the refrigerator .Then, cut into desired size pieces, serve and enjoy!
How do I store the Party Pinwheels?
They can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. However, they are most enjoyable within 24 hours of making the. The longer they sit, the more likely the tortillas will harden or become mushy depending on storage.
Are there any variations to this recipe?
Absolutely! This simple Pinwheel recipe can be varied in many different ways. Here are a few ideas:
- Bacon: They taste great with bacon! Cook bacon and crumble it. After the bacon cools down, sprinkle it on the cream cheese mixture.
- Bell Peppers: Add some chopped bell peppers. Any color would work, but red or orange gives them a burst of color.
- Cheese: Use any kind of cheese you might enjoy! Pepper Jack, Mozzarella, or Colby Jack cheese would all be fantastic options.
- Black Olives: Black olives add a fun flavor and some tasty color too! Chop them up and add to the cream cheese mixture.
So Tell Me…
What is your favorite appetizer to take to a party? Have you ever made Pinwheels before? Did you realize they were so easy to make?
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a great week!
Easy Party Pinwheels
- Stand Mixer
- 2 packages cream cheese softened
- ½ cup green onions
- 1 package dry ranch seasoning
- 1 jar dried beef 2.25 ounces
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tortillas any flavor or variety
- Chop up the dried beef and the green onions.
- Next, combine the softened cream cheese and ranch packet in a stand mixer until well combined. Then, add in shredded cheese and dried beef.
- Divide the mixture by 4 and add ¼ to each tortilla. Use a spatula or spoon to spread the mixture onto tortillas. Sprinkle with green onions, roll up and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cut and serve!