Whipping up a delicious dip is a great way to enjoy eating your vegetables. With this simple recipe you can take your store-bought hummus to another level by making this creamy, flavorful cream cheese ranch dip. This Cream Cheese Ranch Dip with Hummus is made with just four ingredients. It’s a quick and easy side that’s so good you won’t want to stop eating your veggies!
What Do I Need to Make Cream Cheese Ranch Dip?
This quick no-bake recipe is made with just four simple ingredients! That means you can prepare a delicious dip for your veggies in less than five minutes. To make your own cream cheese ranch dip, you’ll need:
- Softened cream cheese
- Nonfat Greek yogurt
- Ranch salad dressing and seasoning mix
Looking for more great appetizer recipes? Give these reader favorites a try!
How Do I Make Cream Cheese Ranch Dip?
Once you have your ingredients ready to go, there’s just one more step to follow! Here’s how to make this easy ranch hummus dip:
Step One: Mix the Ranch Dip
In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, hummus, Greek yogurt, and ranch seasoning. Use an electric mixer to blend the ingredients together until smooth.
Step Two: Serve with Veggies for Dipping
Transfer the dip to a serving bowl or individual cups and serve with your favorite vegetables for dipping.
Ranch Cream Cheese Dip Tips and Tricks
You’ll love how easy it is to prepare this dip! And with these simple tips, you’ll want to make this recipe over and over again.
- Soften the cheese for easy blending. Using cream cheese that is straight out of the refrigerator will make it more difficult to blend the ingredients together. Allow your cream cheese to come to room temperature before blending the dip to ensure all the ingredients are mixed smoothly. You can place the block of cream cheese on the counter 30 minutes before making the dip. Or heat the cream cheese in the microwave for 30 seconds to soften it more quickly.
- Avoid fat free cream cheese. While both full fat and reduced fat cream cheese will work well with this recipe, fat free cream cheese doesn’t blend as easily. That’s why it’s a good idea to avoid using nonfat cream cheese in this recipe.
- Chill the dip before serving for more flavor. Although you can serve your dip immediately after blending, placing it in the refrigerator for around 30 minutes before serving will give the ranch seasoning time to soak into the other ingredients. After blending your dip, tightly cover it and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve to give it even more ranch flavor. When the dip comes out of the refrigerator, it may have a harder consistency. Allow the dip to sit at room temperature for a few minutes before serving to give the cream cheese time to soften.
Ranch Hummus Dip Ideas
Since this dip is so simple to make, there are so many recipe possibilities to choose from! Try these simple serving ideas the next time you make your own cream cheese ranch dip:
- Serve as a veggie dip. This creamy dip is perfect for veggies. Use your hummus dip as a side for your favorite raw vegetables, like baby carrots, bell pepper strips, broccoli florets, cauliflower florets, cucumber slices, or sweet mini bell peppers.
- Dip chips and pretzels. In addition to vegetables, this simple dip is also great to use as a chip dip. Add some pita chips, pretzels, tortilla chips, or potato chips to your serving platter to add some variety.
- Spread the dip on crackers. After chilling your dip, it may harden, which makes it great as a cracker spread. Place the dip in the refrigerator to chill, then serve with different cracker options to turn your cream cheese ranch dip into a cracker spread.
- Substitute sour cream. Greek yogurt is a great way to add some protein to your veggie dip. But if you aren’t a fan of the yogurt’s tangy flavor, you can easily substitute sour cream in its place. Use the same amount of sour cream as Greek yogurt listed in the recipe to make this substitution.
- Use flavored hummus. Classic hummus can be used in the recipe to bring out the ranch flavor of the dip. But you can also used flavored hummus to add a unique taste to your dip recipe. Try mixing in different hummus flavors, like everything bagel, jalapeno, roasted red pepper, or taco inspired hummus to create unique dip flavors every time you whip up this recipe.
How to Store Ranch Hummus
After you prepare this simple dip, it should be refrigerated until you’re ready to enjoy it. Make sure to cover your dish and store it in the refrigerator until it’s served. Your ranch dip can be set out at room temperature for up to two hours before it needs to be returned to the fridge.
You should keep leftover dip stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The dip can be stored in the fridge for up to one week before it goes bad.
Cream Cheese Ranch Dip with Hummus
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 10 ounces hummus classic flavor
- 5.3 ounces plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 ounce packet ranch salad dressing and seasoning mix
- Baby carrots, bell pepper strips, broccoli florets, cauliflower florets, cucumber slices, sweet mini peppers, pita chips, pretzels, or whatever you would like to go along with the dip.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, hummus, Greek yogurt, and ranch seasoning. Use an electric mixer to blend the ingredients together until smooth.
- Transfer dip to a serving dish.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve with your favorite dipping vegetables, pita chips and/or pretzels.