Finding delicious and filling vegetarian dishes isn’t always easy. But with the help of a creamy peanut sauce, this recipe for carrot noodles can’t be beat. On top of being quick and easy to make, this no-bake Thai-inspired dish is the perfect healthy lunch or dinner option for a busy day.
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases.
What Do I Need to Make this Simple Vegetarian Recipe?
Since this easy vegetarian meal is a no-bake recipe, you can whip it up in a matter of minutes. And thanks to its simple list of ingredients, you probably have everything you need to make it in your fridge right now! To make your own Thai carrot noodles, you’ll need:
- Carrots peels and spiraled into noodles
- Creamy peanut butter
- Milk (or plant-based milk, if preferred)
- Soy sauce
- Sriracha sauce
- Minced garlic
- Fresh ground ginger
- Lime juice
- Chopped peanuts
- Finely chopped cilantro
How Do I Make Carrot Noodles with Peanut Sauce?
Although this Thai dish is packed with flavor, you won’t believe how easy it is to make. And since there’s no baking involved, you can prepare this simple recipe with just a few minutes of prep work. All you have to do to make carrot noodles at home is follow these two easy steps:
Step One: Prepare the Peanut Sauce
To make the Thai sauce for your noodles, start by whisking together the peanut butter, milk, soy sauce, Sriracha sauce, garlic, ginger, and lime juice. Stir until the sauce ingredients are smooth and well combined.
Step Two: Toss the Vegetable Noodles in Sauce
Add the carrot noodles to a large bowl and add sauce by the spoonful. Toss the noodles until they’re fully coated, adding more sauce, as needed. Garnish the noodles with peanuts and cilantro before serving.
How Do You Make Carrot Noodles?
Carrots make a great substitute for traditional noodles. But if you’ve never made homemade noodles out of carrots before, you might be wondering how it’s done. Use these tips and tricks for making your own healthy noodles at home.
- Pick the right carrots. Making vegetable noodles at home actually starts at the grocery store. To pick the best carrots for making noodles, start by purchasing the large carrots that are sold individually instead of the ones found in the bulk packaging. This will allow you to pick long, large carrots, which are best for making noodles.
- Clean and peel the carrots. After bringing your carrots home, clean them thoroughly using cold water. Then, peel the outer skin off each carrot.
- Cut the carrot in half. Next, cut your carrot in half lengthwise to make spiralizing your carrot noodles simpler.
- Use a spiralizer. After prepping your carrots, place the largest end closest to the spiralizer blade for the best results. Then, follow the instructions for using your spiralizer to cut the noodles.
How to Make Carrot Noodles Without a Spiralizer
Using a spiralizer is one of the best ways to turn your favorite veggies into noodles. But if you don’t have one in your kitchen, don’t worry! There are a few other methods you can use to make Thai flavored vegetable noodles at home right now.
- Use a vegetable peeler. To get thin noodles from your carrots, just grab your vegetable peeler. After peeling your carrots, run the peeler down the side of your carrot to peel thin layers off. Continue peeling until all the carrot has been used.
- Grab your Julienne peeler. Another option for making noodles out of your carrots is a Julienne peeler. Similar to a vegetable peeler, a Julienne peeler can make noodles by running the blade down the side of the carrot.
- Try a Mandolin. You can also make carrot noodles with the help of a Mandolin. Simply slice the carrot lengthwise along the mandolin’s blade to cut long, flat noodles.
Thai Carrot Noodles Tips & Tricks
Now that you know how easy it is to make your own Thai carrot noodles at home, it’s going to be your go-to recipe for a healthy lunch! Try these recipe tips and tricks to make this no-bake recipe even easier to make.
- Make it vegan. Since the dressing for these carrot noodles is made with milk, it’s not vegan as-is. But you can easily substitute your favorite unflavored plant-based milk for the regular milk to make it a delicious vegan option.
- Try adding basil. If you’re not a fan of cilantro, try using fresh basil instead. Tossing your noodles with basil or Thai basil in place of cilantro is a great way to add flavor and freshness, even if you’re not a fan of cilantro’s unique flavor.
- Prepare ahead of time for more flavor. You can enjoy your no bake Thai noodles immediately after adding the dressing, but if you’re not in a rush, try letting the noodles sit overnight. The longer the carrots sit in the dressing, the more flavor they’ll soak up. So, making this easy dish ahead of time is a great way to intensify the flavors without any extra work on your part.
Carrot Noodles with Peanut Sauce
- 6 large carrots, peeled and spiraled into noodles
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons milk or plant-based milk, if preferred
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- Place carrots in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together peanut butter, milk, soy sauce, Sriracha, garlic, ginger, and lime juice until well combined.
- Toss the carrots with several large spoonfuls of dressing. Add more until desired coating is reached.
- Garnish with peanuts and cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
- To make spiralizing carrots easier, buy the large carrots sold individually. Cut in half and place the larger end closest to the spiralizer blade.
- This recipe can easily be made vegan by substituting your favorite unflavored plant based milk
- Cilantro can be replaced with basil or Thai basil
- Serve immediately or refrigerate overnight and garnish before serving for more intense flavors