*This post is sponsored by Mahatma Rice
Happy Monday, I hope you had a great weekend! I enjoyed mine as I was able to spend a little time experimenting in the kitchen. I had fun creating some appetizers for some upcoming Spring parties. My plan was to come up with something simple to make that was also easy to transport and not too messy to eat! Hmmm…One of my kid’s favorite appetizers is buffalo wings. I love them too, but they certainly did not fit the “not too messy to eat” requirement that I was trying to achieve. So, I started to peruse my pantry and think how I could make something with that flavor that could be enjoyed without making a mess. I came across the Mahatma Organic White Rice and that sparked an idea for this recipe: Buffalo Chicken and Rice Bites. They were a hit with the entire family and were also very easy to make. The added bonus was the Buffalo Chicken and Rice Bites were tidy little treats to eat, no extra napkins necessary!
Buffalo Chicken and Rice Bites
Yields 24 Servings
A tasty and transportable appetizer! Perfect for any party or pot luck dinner!
35 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
1 hr, 5 Total Time
- 2 Cups Mahatama Organic White Rice, prepared according to directions
- 3 Cups Chicken, shredded (I bought a Rotisserie Chicken and used the meat from it)
- 1 Cup Celery, finely diced
- 4 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 1 Cup of Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 4 ounces Blue Cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare rice according to directions and allow to cool.
- In large bowl combine rice, shredded chicken, celery, and eggs.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add buffalo wing sauce, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, and white vinegar to melted butter. Whisk until combined.
- Pour buffalo wing sauce mixture over rice mixture and mix well with large wooden spoon until thoroughly combined.
- Add the crumbled blue cheese and stir in to mixture.
- Prepare 2 muffin pans by spraying with cooking spray.
- Spoon the chicken, rice, and sauce mixture into the muffin cups and fill to the top.
- Place in center of oven and bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, remove Buffalo Chicken and Rice Cups from muffin tins and Enjoy!
I love cooking with rice, but I have to admit this is the first time I made an appetizer using it! I was not sure how it would turn out, but it was the perfect ingredient for my new recipe. I have been a huge fan of Mahatma Rice for years. I really enjoy cooking with all of the varieties of this brand of rice. Check out where you can purchase Mahatma Organic White Rice by clicking <HERE>.
So Tell Me…
What is your “go to” appetizer to take to parties? What is your favorite way to use rice in your cooking? Have you ever tried Mahatma Organics White Rice?
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a Great Week!