Meyer Lemon Gelato
Good Morning! I hope you are enjoying these final days of Summer. Last week I shared my Sweet & Tart Meyer Lemon Bar recipe, which was a big hit here. I had bought a bulk supply of the Meyer Lemons at Costco, so I found myself with several left over that I did not want to go to waste. I ended up making a fabulous Lemon Gelato with the remainder of the lemons, which I am going to share here.
Here is what you will need:
-1 Cup of Milk
-1 Cup of Sugar
-1 Cup of Meyer Lemon Juice from approximately 8-10 Meyer Lemons
-4 Tbsp of grated Meyer Lemon Peel
-6 Egg Yolks, beaten
-2 Cups of Heavy Cream
1. Heat milk in sauce pan until it reaches 175 degrees.
2. Stir in 1 Cup of Sugar and stir until dissolved.
3. Whisk the Milk & Sugar into the Egg Yolks, then return all to sauce pan while whisking continually.
4. Add Meyer Lemon Peel, while continuing to whisk
5. Continue to cook over low heat until the mixture thickens, while stirring. Do not let it reach a boil.
6. Once mixture is thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon, remove from heat.
7. Stir in Meyer Lemon Juice and Heavy Cream
8. Place in a bowl, cover, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
9. Place in ice cream maker and allow to freeze according to directions of machine.
Have you ever made gelato? Are you a fan of Meyer Lemons? What is your favorite "Lemony" recipe?
We hope you enjoy the Sunday Fitness and Food Link-up! Please link-up with any food or fitness posts you would like to share and pass along the link to other bloggers. We just ask that you link back to the hosts, myself and my co-host Ilka and check out the other posts in the link! Also, feel free to add the badge below to your post by copying and pasting the code in the box under our badge. Have a great week and thank you for joining us!