Cinnamon Apple Pumpkin Cake
Fall has officially arrived here in New England! The leaves are changing color, the weather is cooler, and some of my favorite fruits and vegetables are in season. Apple picking is a favorite Fall family activity and we always end up with a huge supply of different varieties of them. Of course, it is prime time for pumpkins as well, so I decided to combine both to make a lovely Cinnamon Apple Pumpkin Cake. This cake is so moist and delicious that I am already getting requests to make another one.
Here is what you will need:
-4 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
-1/2 Cup of Butter, softened
-1 1/2 Cups of Sugar
-1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
-2 tsp Vanilla
-2 Large Eggs, lightly beaten
-1 1/2 Cups of Flour
-1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
-1/2 tsp Salt
-Additional 1/3 Cup Sugar
-3 tsp Cinnamon
-3 Cups of Peeled and Chopped Apples
-Powdered Sugar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat together Cream Cheese, Butter, 1 1/2 cups of Sugar, Pumpkin Puree, Vanilla, and Eggs.
3. In a medium bowl, combine Flour, Baking Powder, and Salt.
4. Slowly mix the flour mixture into the butter and cream cheese mixture until well combined.
5. In another medium bowl, mix together 1/3 cup of Sugar with Cinnamon.
6. Place Chopped Apples in small bowl and mix with 3 Tbsp of the Cinnamon Sugar Mixture.
7. Fold the Apple Cinnamon Sugar Mixture into batter.
8. Pour batter into a 9 inch springform pan coated with cooking spray.
9. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon and sugar mixture on top of the cake.
10. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until cake pulls away from pan and has lightly browned top.
11. Cool cake completely, then remove from pan and dust with Powdered Sugar.
We hope you enjoy the Sunday Fitness and Food Link-up! Please link-up with any food or fitness posts you would like to share and pass along the link to other bloggers. We just ask that you link back to the hosts, myself and my co-host Ilka and check out the other posts in the link! Also, feel free to add the badge below to your post by copying and pasting the code in the box under our badge. Have a great week and thank you for joining us!