This post is sponsored by CBDMEDIC but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Happy Monday, I hope you had a great weekend! It was a beautiful one here in Maine and I was able to get out and enjoy a long bike ride on Saturday and a distance run on Sunday. My training mileage is ramping up as my triathlon events come closer. I have been feeling good with the added training time, but I did wake up this morning with some seriously sore muscles. Recently, I discovered CBDMEDIC Active Sport™ advanced pain relief sport stick at CVS, so I reached for that to use on my aching calves. I also did some stretching and put on compression socks and before long my legs were feeling better! It got me thinking about my favorite Tips to Relieve Exercise Related Muscle Pain and I thought I would share them here today.
Tips to Relieve Exercise Related Muscle Pain
1. Ice: Icing sore muscles after exercise is a quick and easy way to relieve muscle pain. Icing reduces inflammation by constricting blood vessels, which will slow down blood flow. Some athletes take a quick dip in an ice bath after a long run or workout, but applying ice packs to the affected areas for 10 minutes is also very effective.
2. Keep Moving: While resting sore muscles is important, complete inactivity can prolong discomfort. Active recovery, like going for a walk or spinning your legs on a bike, is a great way to decrease the pain.
3. Hydrate: Staying well hydrated before, during, and after exercise is essential to warding off cramps and muscle pain. Muscle soreness can often be directly caused by dehydration. It is important during long periods of exercise to not only drink water, but also a drink containing electrolytes.
4. Stretch: Stretching before and after exercise is very important to prevent and manage muscle pain and stiffness. Stretching prior to exercise will help increase flexibility. While stretching after exercise will help increase range of motion.
5. Topical Pain Relief: As I mentioned above, I recently discovered CBDMEDIC Active Sport™ advanced pain relief sport stick. I have found it to be extremely helpful to relieve my exercise related muscle pain.
CBDMEDIC Active Sport™ Advanced Pain Relief is a formula that uses new technology and the best organic and natural ingredients to deliver fast topical pain relief. It contains highly effective analgesic ingredients, natural emollients and essential oils. It also has CBD, a THC-free cannabinoid-rich hemp extract in it. It seems like everyone is talking about the benefits of CBD these days, so let me explain exactly what it is!
What is CBD?
CBD is the common name used for cannabidiol, an increasingly popular herbal remedy. It is derived from cannabis or the marijuana plant. However, it does not contain tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which is the main psychoactive component of cannabis. THC binds to certain neuroreceptors in the brain causing the “High” effect. Cannabidiol links to different receptors, which promote a variety of cellular responses for maintaining homeostasis and optimal healthy functioning. So, cannabidiol contains all of the well documented benefits of cannabis, without the psychoactive (or “mind altering”) side effects.
How Does CBD Help Relieve Pain?
Where can I get CBDMEDIC Active Sport™ Advanced Pain Relief?
Click on the link <HERE> to find a CVS location near you where you can pick up this great product! There are 3 categories to choose from: Active Sport™ Pain Relief, Back/Neck Pain Relief and Arthritis Pain Relief.
So Tell Me… Do you have any other tips to relieve exercise related muscle pain? Did you know about the benefits of CBD? Are you going to give CBDMEDIC Active Sport™ Advanced Pain Relief a try?
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a Great Week!
PIN IT HERE