*This post was sponsored by Proctor & Gamble as part of an influencer Activation and all opinions expressed are my own.
Winter weather has arrived and with that brings the dreaded cold and flu and season. Unfortunately, there has already been one round of colds here in my house. It made me start to think of ways to avoid getting sick for the rest of the winter, especially as my Ironman training starts to amp up. Below are some Easy Tips for Staying Healthy During Winter.
Tips for Staying Healthy During Winter
1. Hydration is Key-Almost everyone is familiar with the advice that “You should drink 8 glasses of water a day”, but why? Proper hydration is important to maintaining health and wellness for a number of reasons. It aids in digestion, maintains body muscle tone, assists the brain to work efficiently, and helps burn fat by making sure the kidneys & liver are functioning optimally. With all of these great reasons to drink up, it should be easy to get in the H2O our body needs each day. However, something so simple can feel very hard to do at times, especially in the winter months. A few tips to ensure you get in your water, include: drink 20 ounces of water as soon as you wake up (before your coffee), carry a large mouthed container with you that makes it easy to drink from, infuse your H2O with slices of fruit or fresh herbs, and set a goal to drink half of your daily water intake by lunch time.
2. Practice Proper Hand Hygiene- Did you know that proper hand washing is considered the single most effective way to prevent the spread of germs? It also happens to be the easiest and least expensive method too! So make sure to lather or foam up this winter. I found Dial Complete Antibacterial Foaming Hand Wash at Walmart and it works great. It is made with antibacterial ingredients and kills 99.9 % of germs. Although it is tough on germs, it is gentle on skin, which is why I love it!
3. Get Your Rest: Proper sleep is essential to staying healthy both physically and mentally. While we are catching z’s, our body is busy at work healing and repairing our blood vessels and heart. A good night’s sleep is necessary for our immune system to function optimally to help prevent illness.
4. Eat a Well-Balanced Healthy Diet: A healthy diet includes plenty of immune boosting fruits and veggies! It should also contain fiber to promote digestive health and regularity. One quick and easy way to add some extra fiber to your diet is to eat Metamucil Cinnamon Spice Fiber Thins or by drinking a glass of Sugar-Free Orange Smooth Metamucil. I found both of these products at Walmart and they are excellent sources of fiber! In fact, they are made with 100% Natural Psyllium Fiber, which helps to curb appetite. Another great benefit of the Metamucil products is they trap and remove waste in the digestive tract, which in turn will help a person to feel lighter!
5. Take Your Probiotics: People often associate probiotics with gut health, but they are also important for overall well being. I was happy when I discovered Align DualBiotic Gummies at Walmart. The great thing about these gummies is that they contain both Prebiotic fiber and Probiotics for optimal stomach bacteria. These gummies are flavored naturally and have little sugar (less than 1 gram per gummy), which make them easy to digest. Now, they are part of my daily wellness plan for good gut health and overall health!
6. Exercise often: It is so important to stay active during the cold months. Bundle up and get outside for a short run or walk, even if it is just for 20 minutes. Winter is also a good time to try other activities like a boot camp class, cross fit, or yoga.
If you do get sick…
No matter how hard we try to stay healthy, sometimes we inevitably get sick. I ended up with a miserable cold and sore throat last month that lingered. Despite rest and hydration, I felt terrible. One thing I discovered at Walmart that helped ease my discomfort was Vicks VapoCool Drops. They helped vaporize the terrible sore throat pain I was experiencing. These drops also provided cooling relief with a rush of Vicks Vapors.
So Tell Me…
Do you have any favorite tips for staying healthy during the winter months? Is there anything that I mentioned above that you already do? Or anything that you will give a try?
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a Great Weekend!
#ad #WalmartHealthSupport #IC
Check out these tips for Running in the Winter!