Whether you’re feeling under the weather or just want to warm up on a cold day, there’s nothing better than a cup of tea. And while heading to your local coffee shop for a cup of hot tea is a fun treat, there’s no reason to leave your house when you can make your own healing tea at home! With this Starbucks medicine ball recipe, you can prepare a delicious hot tea to warm you up on any day of the week.
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases.
What Do I Need to Make Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea?
Although the delicious combination of lemon, mint, and honey are the perfect ingredients when you’re sick, there’s no reason to wait until you’re under the weather to enjoy this warm tea. Once you try making your own citrus tea from the comfort of your own home, you’ll never want to pay for it at the coffee shop again! Grab these ingredients to prepare your own copycat Starbucks tea at home:
- Mint tea bag
- Peach tea bag
- Peppermint extract
- Lemon or orange
- Fresh mint leaves
How Do I Make Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea?
Since this hot tea recipe is so easy to make, there’s no need to leave your house to enjoy a freshly brewed cup again. In fact, this recipe is so simple that you only have three steps to follow! Here’s how to make your own Starbucks medicine ball:
Step One: Simmer the Ingredients
Pour the water and lemonade into a small pot, then add the mint leaves and a slice of lemon or orange. Heat the pot over medium heat until it begins to simmer.
Step Two: Add the Tea
Step Three: Pour the Tea
Pour the hot tea into a cup. Stir in the honey and one to two drops of peppermint extract. Stir until the honey is dissolved, then enjoy.
Copycat Starbucks Medicine Ball Tips & Tricks
While it may seem easier to head to Starbucks to order a medicine ball tea the next time you have a craving, you’ll be surprised how good a homemade cup of tea can taste. And when you try these recipe tips, you’ll see how simple it really is to prepare a delicious cup of tea at home.
- Use Teavana tea for a more authentic taste: Since Starbucks owns the Teavana brand, they use this type of tea in all their drinks. To make your medicine ball tea taste just like Starbucks, try using a blend of peach tranquility and jade citrus mint Teavana tea to make your medicine ball tea taste just like it came from your favorite coffee shop.
- Heat your tea in the microwave for quicker cooking: While your tea ingredients will probably heat more evenly on the stovetop, if you’re in a hurry for your citrus tea you can also heat the ingredients in the microwave. Add the lemonade, water, and mint leaves to a microwave safe cup and heat for around one minute. After that, add citrus slice and the tea bags and allow them to steep. Then, stir in the honey and peppermint to finish preparing your drink.
- Make your own lemonade: Using pre-made lemonade is a great way to speed up the cooking process of this warm drink. But you can easily make your own steamed lemonade before adding the rest of the ingredients. Simply bring a pot of water to a simmer and add some fresh lemon juice. Simmer the ingredients for around five minutes, then stir in some sugar or honey until it’s dissolved. After that, you can follow the recipe instructions to finish preparing your medicine ball tea.
What is Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea?
The medicine ball tea started out as a secret menu item at Starbucks. But it became so popular that it’s now on their regular menu – just by a different name. If you want to order a medicine ball tea at Starbucks, simply ask for a Honey Citrus Mint tea. Or you can make your own using the recipe listed above.
Starbucks Honey Citrus Mint Tea is made of a healing combination of Jade Citrus Mint tea, Peach Tranquility herbal tea, hot water, lemonade, and honey.
Is Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea Good for You?
This warm drink is made with a variety of healthy ingredients that could promote faster healing when you’re sick. Since it’s made with green tea and honey, it can work as an anti-inflammatory. And the fresh lemon juice adds some vitamin C. Not to mention the warmth of the tea is great for soothing a sore throat.
And while the tea from Starbucks can help hydrate you while you’re sick, making it at home allows you to have a little more control over the ingredients in the drink – especially the amount of sugar. That’s why preparing your own medicine ball tea may be a healthier alternative than ordering it at the coffee shop.
Starbucks Medicine Ball Recipe
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup lemonade
- 1 mint tea bag
- 1 peach tea bag
- 1-2 drops peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 lemon or orange slice
- 3 sprigs of fresh mint leaves
- Add water, lemonade, mint leaves and a slice of lemon or orange to a pot to simmer.
- Once hot, add teabags and let steep for 5 minutes
- Pour tea into a cup with honey. Add 1 to 2 drops of peppermint extract and stir.