This Pumpkin Angel Food Cake is so delicious, light and airy. The pop of pumpkin adds so much flavor and the most gorgeous color. It’s a wonderful dessert after a Fall dinner and will make a fabulous dessert for Thanksgiving!
PIN IT HERE:
Now that October has arrived, I am all in with creating recipes using pumpkin! Yesterday I shared a delicious healthy pumpkin smoothie recipe. After making that, I was inspired to create a dessert, but I was limited on time. After rummaging through the pantry, I found an Angel food cake mix. I thought it would be fun to put a spin on it and add some pumpkin. The Pumpkin Angel Food Cake turned out delicious! It will be a perfect light dessert option to include at Thanksgiving.
Pumpkin Angel Food Cake
Here is what you will need to make this delicious Pumpkin Angel Food Cake:
In a medium bowl, combine the pumpkin, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla. Then, stir well to blend all ingredients. Make the Angel food cake mix according to package directions, in a stand mixer, and mix until light and fluffy. Put two cups of the Angel food cake mix into the bowl with the pumpkin, and stir to blend.
Gently fold the pumpkin mixture into the rest of the Angel food cake. Then, pour the Angel food cake mixture into an Angel food cake pan or a Bundt cake pan.
Put in the oven and bake the pumpkin Angel food cake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes on the lowest oven rack in the oven.
Angel Food Pumpkin Cake
- Angel Food Cake Pan or Bundt Cake Pan
- In a medium bowl, combine the pumpkin, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and Vanilla, and stir well to blend all ingredients.
- Make the Angel food cake mix according to package directions, in a stand mixer, and mix until light and fluffy.
- Put two cups of the Angel food cake mix into the bowl with the pumpkin, and stir to blend.
- Gently fold the pumpkin mixture into the rest of the Angel food cake.
- Then, pour the Angel food cake mixture into an Angel food cake pan, or a Bundt pan.
- Bake the pumpkin Angel food cake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes on the lowest oven rack until golden brown on top, and springs back when touched.
- Remove the cake from the oven, and run a knife around the edges and middle to loosen the cake.
- Invert the cake onto a cake plate, and let the cake cool before removing the pan.
- After about 30 minutes try to remove the pan, it should come off the cake easily.
- When the cake has cooled, melt white chocolate in the microwave, and drizzle over the cake.
- Top with whipped cream and cinnamon.
- Serve and Enjoy!
How do I serve the cake?
It can be served warm or cold. Here, I have drizzled the white chocolate over it, but milk or dark chocolate would also be great toppings! A side of vanilla ice cream would also be delicious with this Fall inspired dessert.
So Tell Me…
What is your favorite way to use pumpkin in a recipe? Have you ever made a Pumpkin Angel Food Cake? Do you have a favorite topping that you would add to the cake?
Looking for more pumpkin recipes? Check these out:
- Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Oatmeal
- Healthy Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites
- Cinnamon Apple Pumpkin Cake
Thank you so much for stopping by. As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Happy Fall!