Making fun holiday snacks is a great way to celebrate with your kids! And when it comes to St. Patrick’s Day, there’s no better snack to serve your little ones than Lucky Charms. These adorable Lucky Charms treats are the perfect no-bake snack to make this March. All you need is four ingredients to whip up these simple treats for your kids this year.
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases.
What Do I Need to Make Lucky Charms Treats?
Cereal treats are the perfect no-bake snack to make for any holiday. This St. Patrick’s Day, use your little one’s favorite cereal to create some fun snacks that are packed with the luck of the Irish. On top of being simple to make, these bars are the perfect quick snack for the holiday because you only need four ingredients to prepare them, including:
- Mini marshmallows
- Lucky Charms
- Nonstick cooking spray
How Do I Make Lucky Charms Treats?
You’re going to love how quick and easy these cute marshmallow treats come together with just a few minutes of prep work. All you have to do is follow these simple steps to make your own gluten-free Lucky Charms bars today:
Step One: Melt the Marshmallows
Slice the butter into small pieces and add them to a large bowl with 8 cups of mini marshmallows. Place the bowl in the microwave and cook for two minutes, until the butter and marshmallows are fully melted. Immediately after removing the bowl from the microwave, stir the two ingredients together until the marshmallows begin to lose their shape and become smooth and creamy.
Step Two: Mix in the Cereal
Add the Lucky charms to the bowl, along with the remaining two cups of marshmallows. Gently mix the cereal into the melted marshmallows until all the cereal is fully coated and all the ingredients are well combined.
Step Three: Make the Cereal Bars
Spray a 9×13 pan liberally with nonstick cooking spray to keep the treats from sticking. Transfer the cereal mixture to the prepared pan and spread it evenly. Top the mixture with more Lucky Charms cereal and lightly press the bars into the pan until the cereal forms a solid rectangle. Allow the treats to cool at room temperature for around one hour, then cut into bars and serve.
Lucky Charms Treats Tips and Tricks
These simple cereal bars are so easy to make! But that doesn’t mean you can’t use a few tips and tricks to get you started. Try these recipe ideas as you’re preparing your treats to ensure they come out amazing every time you make them!
- Make thicker bars. These treat bars come out fairly thin, making them perfect for snacking. But if you prefer your cereal bars to be thick, you can double the recipe. Or make a smaller batch of treats by pressing your treats into an 8×8 pan instead of the larger pan.
- Grease your hands. To keep the treats from sticking to your hands as you press them into the pan, try spraying a small amount of nonstick cooking spray on your hands first. The spray will help keep the cereal and marshmallows from sticking and making a mess.
- Don’t press the bars too hard! It may be tempting to press the bars down until the cereal mixture is completely solid. But it’s a good idea to avoid pressing the cereal too hard or the treats will become tough and difficult to eat.
- Use a large bowl. To keep yourself from making a mess in the kitchen, make sure to use a bowl that’s large enough to hold all your treat ingredients. In addition to having enough space to melt your butter and marshmallows, your bowl will need to be big enough to hold all the cereal and stir everything together.
- Try making the treats on the stovetop. If you don’t have a bowl big enough to hold all your treat ingredients, you can also prepare the treats on the stovetop. Melt the butter and marshmallows in a large stock pot over medium heat. When the marshmallows are melted, remove the pot from the heat and stir the cereal into the marshmallow mixture.
Are Lucky Charms Treats Gluten-Free?
Since Lucky Charms are labeled gluten-free, these treats are safe to eat – even if you can’t eat gluten. It’s always a good idea to check the label on your other ingredients to ensure your marshmallows are gluten-free before preparing these treats for your gluten-free friends.
How Do You Store Lucky Charms Treats?
Everyone is going to love snacking on these cereal treats, which means you’ll want to keep them fresh as long as possible! To ensure your treats don’t get hard and stale, they need to be covered and stored at room temperature.
You can cover the pan tightly with plastic wrap. Or transfer the bars to an airtight container to store them. If you plan on stacking the treats inside the container, place a piece of wax or parchment paper between layers to keep the treats from sticking to each other.
When your cereal treats are stored properly, they’ll stay good for up to five days.
Lucky Charms Treats
- 10 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 6 Cups Lucky Charms
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Slice your butter into chunks and combine it with 8 cups of mini marshmallows in a large mixing bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Immediately stir until the marshmallows are no longer chunky and the butter is fully mixed in.
- Add the remaining 2 cups marshmallows and 5 cups Lucky Charms to the melted marshmallows and gently fold together until the cereal and unmelted marshmallows are fully covered.
- Spray a 9x13 cake pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add the mixture to the pan and gently spread even in the pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining cup of Lucky Charms over the top and lightly press to ensure it sticks to the top.
- Let rest for about an hour or until set. Slice and enjoy!