This post is sponsored by Stella® Cheese but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Happy Tuesday! I woke up this morning to a snowy day and the sound of my phone going off alerting me that school was cancelled….again! I can’t believe Thanksgiving has not even arrived and my kid’s have had 2 snow days already. However, this is life in Maine and I must admit I do enjoy being snowed in. Today is a perfect day for it too, because I have tons of baking and cooking to do in preparation for Thanksgiving. I did all my shopping yesterday before the big snow storm so I can hunker down and get to work today. I try to make as many things ahead as I can, so I can just enjoy family and friends on the holiday. The first thing I made this morning is this Cheesy Toasted Baguette with Fresh Cranberry and Rosemary. This is very easy to prepare and makes a festive appetizer! It is perfect to take to a holiday party with a dip or is delicious by itself. I enjoy the baguette toasts along with soup as well.
- 1 French Baguette, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tsp Garlic, minced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Cup Stella Fontina Cheese, shredded
- Fresh Cranberries
- Fresh Rosemary Sprigs
- Place baking rack in upper 1/3 of oven
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray baking pan lightly with cooking spray
- Place baguette slices on baking sheet spaced at least 1/2 inch apart
- Combine olive oil and garlic in small bowl
- Brush baguette slices with olive oil and garlic mixture
- Sprinkle baguette slices with salt and pepper to taste
- Top each piece with approximately 1 Tbsp of Stella Fontina Cheese
- Add a few rosemary leaves and 1 cranberry to each slice of bread
- Place in oven and bake for about 8 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Enjoy hot or cold!
I love using Stella Cheeses for all my baking! I used the Stella Fontina Cheese on these baguettes, but the cheese can easily be interchanged with another favorite. I make these toasted baguette slices with Stella Gorgonzola Cheese to go with my Onion and Garlic Soup, which is a perfect meal for a cold, blustery day!
So Tell Me…
Do you enjoy a snowy day? What is your favorite holiday appetizer to make? Are you hosting Thanksgiving this year?
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!