This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of CBDistillery™
As an endurance athlete who is currently in the thick of preparing for another IronMan, I train…A LOT. That means properly recovering from my training sessions is KEY so that I can be ready to give my all in my next workout. On somedays my workout sessions can be over 4 hours long. It can be easy to fall into the trap of wanting to get everything else on my to-do list done right after because training takes up such a large chunk of my day. However, I’ve learned from experience. When I dedicate time to proper rest and recovery oriented activities, I am a better athlete all around. Today I want to share my Best Tips for Workout Recovery with CBD! These 5 strategies are CRUCIAL for me and I am pretty sure they’ll make a big difference in your training as well!
Best Tips for Workout Recovery with CBD
1. Make Time for Stretching: Stretching may seem like nothing compared to a 13 mile run or a 50 mile ride, but it’s the simplicity of it that works wonders. I make sure to take at least 20 minutes after an intense workout to cool down and stretch my muscles. Yes, I stretch AFTER my workout instead of before. Stretching after a workout helps to reduce muscle fatigue. When you stretch after a workout, your muscles are already warmed up and you benefit from increased blood circulation. Stretching also relieves muscular tension and helps lessen soreness you may experience later.
2. Prioritize Post-Workout Nutrition: The foods you eat right after your workout and throughout the day have a major impact on how well you recover from the training session. Choosing nutrient dense whole foods that have a good balance of complex carbs, lean proteins, and healthy fats is a great way to speed your recovery process and bolster the progress you made in your workout. If you can, try to get in a real meal (not including your post-workout protein) within two hours of your workout to avoid leaving your muscles underfed and depleted. One of my favorite things to have post-workout is a smoothie loaded with protein, fruits and veggies as I can have it on the go! Smoothies are great because you can customize them to your needs and they are easy to prepare at home. One of my favorite things to add to my smoothie is CBD Oil from CBDistillery. CBD has anti-inflammatory properties making it the perfect addition to a post-workout drink or meal. This Non-GMO Hemp CBD Oil has all of the health benefits of cannabis without the psychoactive (or “mind altering”) side effects.
3. Include Some Active Recovery: Even in the peak of my training, I always take at least one rest day a week. Rest days give your muscles (and your entire body!) a much needed break from the break down and stress you put it through with every workout. For some, total rest is necessary; but for others, active rest is the way to go. Light movement, like walking, yoga, physical therapy exercises, or leisurely cycling, can be great for loosening up tight muscles and aiding recovery. I love foam rolling on my off days to stimulate blood flow in my legs and improve circulation to my muscles.
4. Pamper Your Feet: My feet can often take a toll from pounding the pavement or pedaling 60+ miles. So, I really try to good care of my feet and ward off blisters or hot spots. One product I have found to be very beneficial on these areas is CBDol Topical Salve from CBDistillery. This soothing salve is made with all natural ingredients extracted from aerial plant parts. Some of the ingredients include: Hemp Seed Oil, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Lavender, Peppermint, Wintergreen, CBD and Frankincense.
5. Get Some Sleep: When we’re juggling training, work, and our families, staying up late and waking up early can become the norm. But sleep is crucial for people doing high volume or intense training. Heck, sleep is important for EVERYONE! Sleep is the necessary downtime the body needs to reset and restore itself. The most rebuilding of cells and muscles is done while we sleep. If you’re getting less than 7 hours per night, your training is likely suffering because of it. A lack of sleep causes fatigue, fogginess, mental weakness, and lack of motivation. Aim for at least 7 hours of sleep, but in reality upwards of 9 hours may be needed for some athletes. Sometimes I have difficulty falling asleep, but I have found a cup of warm tea with lemon and PM Gummies from CBDistillery before bed to really help. The hemp-derived 30 mg (0% THC) CBD gummies contain the calming properties of melatonin that work wonders for a good, solid night of sleep.
So Tell Me…
What is your favorite way to recover after a workout? Have you ever tried any of the products from CBDistillery? What one would you like to try? Use code ANGELA for 10% off your order at CBDistillery by clicking <HERE>. There is no expiration date for the discount code, but it can only be used once per household.
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a great weekend!
#ad #CBDistilleryRelief #CBDMOVEMENT
Organic Runner Mom
Monday 1st of July 2019
I would definitely try the CBD Salve. CBD has so many great uses. I could definitely do a better job with stretching, post-run nutrition etc.
Michelle @ Running with Attitude
Saturday 29th of June 2019
I didn't know that CBD can help as a sleep aid. My sleep is terrible so I may need to check it out.
Saturday 29th of June 2019
I'm taking cud for 2-3 months now but honestly I don't see much difference. To be fair I don't have a lot of problems with recovery, I was looking for an aid with my sleeping problems but cbd doesn't do more for me than a regular melatonin. My fav recovery? yoga!
Saturday 29th of June 2019
I do try to stretch and take rest days. CBD has really been gaining popularity here, but I just haven't found cause to try it yet. Glad it's working so well for you!