Soft pretzels are a delicious treat for any occasion – whether you’re looking for a salty snack or easy appetizer. And when you use your air fryer and premade biscuit dough, you can whip up homemade soft pretzels from scratch with just a few minutes of prep work! This easy recipe for air fryer pretzel bites is the simplest way to prepare this classic treat. And the best part is that you only need six ingredients to make them!
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases.
What Do I Need to Make Air Fryer Pretzel Bites?
Did you know you can make your own soft pretzel bites at home using just six ingredients? With the help of premade dough, you can cut the prep time in half, which mean you can whip up these delicious soft pretzels in a matter of minutes! To make pretzel bites in the air fryer, you’ll need:
- Jumbo biscuits
- Baking soda
- Coarse salt
How Do I Make Air Fryer Pretzel Bites?
Turning biscuit dough into delicious pretzel bites couldn’t be easier. And when you use your air fryer, you can enjoy the flavor of deep fried pretzels with out the oily mess! To make air fryer pretzel bites, just follow these four simple steps:
Step One: Dip the Biscuit Dough
The key to getting a crispy, golden brown crust on your biscuit dough pretzels is using a baking soda bath. Start by combining water and baking soda in a large pot. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium high heat. While the water is boiling, unwrap the biscuit dough and cut each biscuit into four pieces. Roll each piece into a ball between your hands and drop the balls into the boiling water three at a time. Allow the balls to cook in the water for two to three minutes, until they begin to float and start to expand.
Step Two: Prepare the Pretzel Bites
After removing the dough balls from the baking soda bath, transfer them to a paper towel lined plate. Give the balls a minute to soak off the extra liquid, then brush the top of each biscuit piece with beaten egg. After that, transfer each pretzel bite to your air fryer basket or tray.
Step Three: Air Fry the Pretzel Bites
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees, then place the pretzel bites in to cook for 5 to 6 minutes. The pretzels are finished cooking when the outside of the bites is a deep golden brown. Make sure to watch the pretzel bites as the cook time comes to an end to keep them from burning. Continue cooking the pretzel bites in batches until all the dough has been cooked.
Step Four: Top with Salt
When your pretzel bites are finished cooking, brush the top of each piece with melted butter and sprinkle coarse salt over the top. Enjoy the pretzel bites while they’re still warm for the best flavor.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Pretzel Bites?
These delicious pretzel bites are a great snack option for just about any occasion. But the best part about this easy recipe is how well the go with just about any dip! After you prepare your air fryer pretzel pieces, try serving them with these delicious dips and toppings:
- Warm cheese, beer cheese, or queso
- Topped with cinnamon and sugar
- Honey, brown, or Dijon mustard
- Topped with everything bagel seasoning
- Sprinkled with parmesan and garlic
- Pizza sauce
- Caramel sauce
Air Fryer Pretzel Bites Tips & Tricks
You’re going to love how easy it is to turn biscuit dough into pretzels with the help of your air fryer! Use these simple tips and tricks to ensure your recipe comes out amazing the first time you make it.
- Skip the layered biscuits. While biscuits with flaky layers are delicious on their own, they don’t work well with this recipe. That’s because the layers of these biscuits separate as they cook, which means your pretzel bites may fall apart in the baking soda water. Instead, make sure to use traditional or southern style jumbo biscuits.
- Work quickly for best results. Before you start making your biscuit dough pretzels, make sure to have everything ready to go so you can move from step to step quickly. Once the dough comes out of the baking soda water, they need to be placed in the air fryer shortly after. The longer they sit, the softer and sticker the dough will become, making it harder to work with.
How Do You Bake Biscuit Dough Pretzel Bites?
Using your air fryer is a quick and easy way to make these delicious pretzel bites. But if you don’t have an air fryer, you can also cook your soft pretzels in the oven.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. After soaking the dough in the baking soda water, transfer the dough balls to a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake the pretzel bites for 15 minutes, until the outside of the pretzels are golden brown.
Air Fryer Pretzel Bites
- 1 package jumbo biscuits
- ¼ cup baking soda
- 6 cups water
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- Combine the water and baking soda in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- While the water is coming to a boil, cut each biscuit into four pieces. Roll each piece between your hands to form a ball.
- When the water begins to boil, drop the dough balls into the pot four at a time. Allow the dough to cook two to three minutes, until it floats to the top and begins to expand.
- Transfer the cooked dough to a paper towel lined plate to dry, then place each piece on the air fryer tray or basket.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Brush each pretzel piece with egg and place the tray in the air fryer to cook for 5 to 6 minutes, until the outside of the pretzels is deep golden brown. Continue cooking in batches until all the pretzel pieces have been cooked.
- Before serving, brush the pretzel pieces with melted butter and top with coarse salt.