Homemade Italian Dressing:
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
Easy Broccoli Cauliflower Crunch Salad:
- 2 cups broccoli roughly chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower roughly chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- ¼ cup sliced green onion
- ½ cup pitted olives sliced
- ¼ cup carrot diced
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese for serving
In a large bowl combine broccoli, cauliflower, celery, tomatoes, zucchini, green onion, olives, and carrot.
Pour the dressing over top and toss so that all the vegetables are coated.
Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
Toss with bacon just before serving.
Serve with grated parmesan cheese.
* Red wine vinegar can be substituted for the white wine vinegar
*The salad can be made the day before and left to marinate in the fridge overnight.
*Add seeds or chopped nuts for additional crunch.
Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 420mg | Potassium: 324mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1053IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1mg