This dill hummus recipe is quick and easy to make! It is a delicious and healthy snack made with chickpeas, dill pickle juice, olive oil and spices. It is the best dill hummus recipe made without tahini!
The past few weeks have been crazy and very stressful! I love my kids, but having them in the house 24/7 is quite an adjustment, especially since I work at home. The one thing I have noticed is they eat A LOT! So, I have been trying to make sure there are healthy snacks available. Yesterday I decided to make some hummus with a twist! I added in a little pickle juice and it gave this simple hummus recipe just the right amount of flavor.
Looking for more healthy snack ideas? Give these recipes a try:
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
What ingredients do I need to make the dill hummus?
This easy hummus recipe has just eight ingredients and takes less than 15 minutes to make! Here is what you will need:
How do I make the dill hummus without tahini?
Pulse until smooth and combined. If the consistency of the dill hummus is too thick, add a little more olive oil or water.
Scrape the hummus into a serving dish and garnish with fresh dill if desired. Serve it with your favorite bread, tortillas or fresh vegetables.
How do I store the hummus?
The hummus can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to one week.
I don’t have fresh dill, can I used dried dill?
Yes, absolutely! Just decrease the amount to 2 teaspoons of dried dill and blend it in with other spices.
What can I serve with the dill hummus?
There are a number of ways to serve up the dill hummus. It is delicious with cut up fresh veggies, sliced baguette, or tortilla chips. I also like to use it as spread on sandwiches or vegetable wraps.
The Best Dill Hummus without Tahini
- 1 16oz can chickpeas - drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup juice from a jar of dill pickles lemon juice can be used as an alternative
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill extra for garnish
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the chickpeas, olive oil, pickle juice, cumin and paprika in a blender or food processor.
- Pulse until smooth. If the consistency is too thick add additional olive oil or a couple of tablespoons of water.
- Add salt, pepper and chopped dill and pulse until blended.
- Scrape hummus into a serving dish and garnish with fresh dill.
- Serve with your favorite bread, or as a dip for tortillas or fresh vegetables.
So Tell Me…
Are you spending a lot of time at home? Are your kids eating machines like mine? Have you ever made dill hummus? How will serve up this delicious recipe?
Thank you so much for stopping by. As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a great weekend!
PIN IT HERE↓