Welcome to the Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up! This week I am sharing a breakfast favorite that is very versatile: Strata. A strata is a layered, baked dish of eggs, bread, & cheese with the addition of vegetables, herbs, &/or meat. I have prepared it with veggies & cheese, but you can add anything that you would like. Some variations I have tried include adding sausage, bacon, spinach, & artichoke hearts. My favorite thing about this dish is that it is best prepared the night before, so when you wake up in the morning you just pop it in the oven and bake.
A strata is a layered, baked dish of eggs, bread, & cheese with the addition of vegetables, herbs, &/or meat. I have prepared it with veggies & cheese, but you can add anything that you would like.
15 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- -2 English Muffins, toasted and broken into chunks (Use Gluten Free Muffins to make GF)
- -1/4 Cup Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- -1/4 Cup Orange Bell Pepper, chopped
- -1/4 Cup of Vidalia (sweet) Onion, diced
- -1/4 Cup of Mushrooms, rinsed & sliced
- -3/4 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- -6 Large Eggs
- -1/2 Cup of Whole Milk
- -1/2 Cup of Half & Half
- -1/2 tsp Dry Mustard
- -1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- -1 tsp Garlic Powder
- -1/2 tsp Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- Combine English Muffin Chunks, Bell Peppers, Onion, & Mushrooms in 11 x 7 baking dish or 9 inch pie dish coated with butter (or cooking spray).
- Sprinkle mixture with Shredded Cheese & combine.
- Beat Eggs with a mixer on medium speed.
- Next, add Milk, Half & Half, Dry Mustard, Worcestershire Sauce, Garlic Powder, & Black Pepper and beat on medium speed until blended.
- Pour Egg Mixture over Muffin Mixture.
- Cover and place in refrigerator overnight or for at least 2 hours before baking. The longer the dish sits, the more the consistency will be like a custard.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- While oven is preheating, remove dish from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature.
- Bake for approximately 35 to 40 minutes, or until it begins to brown.
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes before serving.
We hope you enjoy the Sunday Fitness and Food Link-up! Please link-up with any food or fitness posts you would like to share (old or new) and pass along the link to other bloggers. We just ask that you limit the links to 3. Also, Please link back to the hosts, myself and my co-host Ilka and check out the other posts in the link & comment on each of the hosts & others that catch your eye! Also, feel free to add the badge below to your post by copying and pasting the code in the box under our badge. Have a great week and thank you for joining us!
|Grab the Badge Below!|