This healthy and flavorful Sautéed Squash Quinoa Salad Recipe is surprisingly easy to make and can be done in less time. Need to watch your weight this holiday season? This fresh salad will keep you on track with your health goals!
The days are getting shorter and the temperature outside is getting cooler. Fall is on it’s way! This is one of my favorite times of year for a number of reasons. I love seeing the leaves change color. It is also my favorite time of year for running. Another thing I really enjoy about this season are all of the flavors of Fall. Yesterday I made this delicious Sautéed Squash Quinoa Salad which was filled with fresh seasonal produce.
Looking for more Fall Flavors? Check out these posts:
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Healthy Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites
- Spinach and Sautéed Veggie Casserole
Sautéed Squash Quinoa Salad
This Sautéed Squash Quinoa Salad is so quick and easy to make! Here is what you will need:
- Butternut Squash
- Olive Oil
- Sesame Seeds
- Vegetable Stock
- Red Leaf Lettuce
- Red Onion
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Agave Syrup
- Salt & Pepper
In a non-stick frying pan, heat a ¼ cup of olive oil. Add squash sauté for 5 minutes until squash is golden brown and tender. Add salt and sesame seeds, sauté or 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan and place on paper towels to cool and drain excess oil.
Then, in a medium pot boil the vegetable stock over high heat. Add quinoa and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside. Next, make the dressing by whisking all the ingredients in a small bowl until blended.
To prepare the salad, place the sautéed squash, quinoa, chopped red onion, celery, agave syrup, pinch of salt & pepper, sliced apple, lettuce and arugula in a large bowl. Drizzle enough dressing in to lightly coat the salad and toss to combine. Then, enjoy this delicious Sautéed Squash Quinoa Salad!
Sautéed Squash and Quinoa Salad
- 2 Cups Butternut Squash Cubes
- 1/4 Cup Olive
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- ½ Cup Uncooked Quinoa
- 2 Cup Vegetable Stock
- 4 Cups Arugula
- 2 Cups Red Leaf Lettuce
- 1 Apple Sliced
- 1 Red Onion chopped
- 1 Stalk Celery sliced
- Pinch Salt
Salad Dressing (Balsamic Vinaigrette)
- ¼ Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Agave Syrup
- 1 Garlic Clove minced
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat a ¼ cup of olive oil.
- Add squash sauté for 5 minutes until squash is golden brown and tender.
- Add Salt and Sesame seeds, sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove squash and sesame seeds from pan and place on papertowels to drain oil and allow to cool.
- In a medium pot boil the vegetable stock over high heat.
- Add quinoa and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Whisk together ¼ Cup Balsamic Vinegar, 1/4 Cup Olive oil, 1 Tbsp Agave Syrup, 1 Garlic Clove (minced), 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice, 1 tsp Lemon Zest, Salt and Pepper to taste.
- In a bowl place sautéed squash, quinoa, chopped red onion, celery, agave syrup, pinch of pepper, sliced apple, lettuce and arugula. Drizzle enough dressing in to lightly coat the salad and toss to combine.
So Tell Me…
What is your favorite thing about Fall? Do you have favorite seasonal foods? Are you looking forward to cooler weather? Will you give the Sautéed Squash Quinoa Salad a try?
Thank you so much for stopping by. As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a great week!
PIN IT HERE: