Happy Sunday! How is your holiday baking and shopping going? The Christmas rush is definitely here. I felt it in full force this week as I tried to wrap up a majority of the Christmas shopping and planning. I have been doing a little baking each day to get some gift baskets ready. Yesterday, the kids helped me make these quick and easy Raspberry Shortbread Cookies. I had made a small batch last weekend, but by Wednesday, they were all gone! They are a big hit here, so I will have to hide this batch so I can save some for gifts
Yields 36 cookies
These raspberry shortbread cookies are perfect for a holiday treat, or a gift to give someone special.
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 8 Tbsp Butter, softened
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1 3/4 Cups of Flour
- 3 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup of Raspberry Preserves
- 3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 to tsp of water
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar and butter together until well-blended.
- Next, add the eggs and vanilla, beat until well-blended
- In a separate small bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, & salt and whisk until combined
- Slowly add flour mixture to butter/sugar mixture, until well blended (the dough will be tacky)
- Divide dough into 2 sections
- On a flour surface, roll dough into 12 inch long logs
- Place the logs 4 inches apart on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper
- Make 1/2 inch deep indentation with finger on the entire length of the dough log
- Fill the indentation with the raspberry preserves
- Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until lightly browned
- Remove logs to cutting board
- Combine powdered sugar, lemon juice, water, & vanilla extract
- Stir with a whisk until well blended
- Drizzle frosting over warm logs
- Cut logs diagonally and allow to cool
*This recipe was adapted from Cooking Light December 2000
What are your favorite Christmas cookies to make? Do you have a “go to” recipe to make in a hurry? Have you started wrapping presents yet? I have not…yikes!!
We hope you enjoy the Sunday Fitness and Food Link-up! Please link-up with any food or fitness posts you would like to share (old or new) and pass along the link to other bloggers. We just ask that you limit the links to 3. Also, Please link back to the hosts, myself and my co-host Ilka and check out the other posts in the link & comment on each of the hosts & others that catch your eye! Also, feel free to add the badge below to your post by copying and pasting the code in the box under our badge. Have a great week and thank you for joining us!
|Grab the Badge Below!|
I am linking up this week with Tricia & Holly for the Weekly Wrap!