|(September in beautiful Acadia National Park- Bar Harbor, Maine)|
I am participating in the Trifecta Friday Five link-up hosted by Cynthia at You Signed Up for What, Courtney at Eat, Pray, Run DC, and Mar at Mar on the Run. This week’s theme is: Favorite Fall Activites. I love Fall! It is my favorite time of year, as the weather cools down, the leaves change color, and with school starting back up, my family gets back into a daily routine! There are so many things I enjoy about this time of year, but here are my top five:
1. Running- I love to run all the time, but Fall is my favorite time to run, especially here in New England! The weather is cool, but not cold and I enjoy taking in all of the Fall foliage. It is also a time of year when I have a little more flexibility during the day, so I get to enjoy longer runs! I am doing the Disney Marathon in January and I am looking forward to all of my Fall training!
2. Apple Picking- September and October are prime months for apple picking here. This is a family favorite! We spent last Sunday enjoying this activity at Ricker Hill Orchards in Turner, Maine. We started off the day enjoying the freshly made hot apple cider donuts and cider. Then, the kids found there way through the corn maze. After that, we headed to the Orchard and picked several different types of apples. They also had a small vineyard where we enjoyed picking and tasting a few varieties of grapes. It was a great day!
|(The kids loved the giant corn maze)|
|(It was a perfect day for picking the many varieties of apples at the Orchard)|
3. Baking- Of course, this goes along with all of the apple picking! I love baking just about anything, but especially enjoy making homemade apple pies & apple cake from the apples that the kids picked on their own.
|(My deep dish apple pie!)|
4. “Leaf Peeping”- Another favorite activity is going for Sunday drives to enjoy all of the scenic colors of the leaves as they change. We enjoy driving to Bar Harbor, Maine and the White Mountains in New Hampshire to take in the beauty of nature.
5. Soccer- I love getting back into a routine, but it is a very busy one, as my kids are involved in several different activities. One of their favorites (and mine too) is Fall Soccer! It is a short season, but the fields they play in are beautiful and we enjoy being out in the fresh crisp air!