Happy Sunday, I hope you had a great week! As usual, it has been a busy one here between work, family life and Ironman training. However, I am managing to fit it all in, which is good news! I have been on a mission to make sure that despite our busy schedules here, we maintain healthy eating habits. Often times, that is the first thing to go to the wayside when time is limited. Two weeks ago I shared my ideas for Breakfast Meal Prep, which you can check out <HERE>. I will admit that breakfast is always tricky, because grab and go items are the easiest! However, this Vegetarian Breakfast Casserole is quick, easy and delicious. It can be prepped the night before and popped in the oven the next morning. It is also great as a left over. I made this casserole last Monday and my entire family loved it. We enjoyed left overs of this dish on Wednesday at breakfast and I had a serving on Friday for lunch after a big workout.
Check out the quick and easy recipe here:
This Vegetarian Breakfast Casserole is quick, easy and delicious. It can be prepped the night before and popped in the oven the next morning. It is also great as a left over.
- 3 English Muffins
- 1/2 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Cup Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Yellow Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Orange Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Onion, chopped
- 1 Cup of Shiitake Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 Cup Basil, thinly sliced
- 6 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Lightly coat an 8x8 inch baking dish with cooking spray or butter
- Break up English Muffins into chunks and place on bottom of dish
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheese over the English Muffins
- Heat skillet over medium high heat and melt 1 Tbsp butter
- Sauté peppers and onions in the skillet for 5-6 minutes, or until softened
- Spread pepper and onion mixture on top of cheese and muffins, then sprinkle evenly with basil
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, black pepper, garlic powder, and dijon mustard
- Pour this combination over the peppers, cheese and muffins
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until edges start to slightly brown
How do you maintain healthy eating habits when your schedule is very busy? What is your favorite healthy hot breakfast dish? Do you plan your breakfast ahead of time? As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Thank you so much for stopping by!
We hope you enjoy the Sunday Fitness and Food Link-up! Please link-up with any food or fitness posts you would like to share (old or new) and pass along the link to other bloggers. We just ask that you limit the links to 3. Also, Please link back to the hosts, myself and my co-host Ilka and check out the other posts in the link & comment on each of the hosts & others that catch your eye! Also, feel free to add the badge below to your post by copying and pasting the code in the box under our badge. Have a great week and thank you for joining us!
|Grab the Badge Below!|