Happy 4th of July and Welcome to the Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up! In honor of Independence Day, I am sharing a colorful, patriotic dessert recipe: Triple Berry Shortcake, complete with “Red” Strawberries, “White” Cool Whip, and “Blue” Blueberries & Blackberries.
Here is what you will need:
-2 Cups sliced Strawberries
-1 Cup Blueberries
-1 Cup Blackberries
-1/4 Cup Sugar
-1 tsp Flour
-1/2 Cup of Sugar
-1/3 Cup of Butter
-1 3/4 Cup Flour
-1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
-1/4 tsp Salt
-3/4 Cup Milk
-1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
-2 Large Egg Whites
-1/8 tsp Cream of Tartar
-3 Tbsp Sugar
-2 Cups of Cool Whip
1. Preheat oven ro 375 degrees.
2. Combine Strawberries, Blueberries, & Blackberries in a large bowl. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of sugar over berries, toss gently and chill in refrigerator.
3. Coat a 9 inch round non stick pan with cooking spray and dust pan with 1 tsp of flour.
4. Beat 1/2 cup of sugar and butter with blender in a large bowl until well combined.
5. Combine 1 3/4 cup of flour, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, and 1/4 tsp of salt in bowl. Stir with whisk until blended.
6. Add half of flour mixture to sugar mixture and stir. Then, add 3/4 cup of milk, stir again. Next, add remaining flour mixture and stir in 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
7. In separate bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on high speed of mixer until the egg whites appear “foamy”. Then, slowly add 2 Tbsp of sugar while beating on high speed until stiff peaks form.
8. Gently add the egg white mixture to the batter. Then, pour batter into pan.
9. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes, then remove cake from pan and cool completely
10. Once cake has cooled, split it in half horizontally. Place half of berries over bottom layer of cake, then top with 1 cup of Cool Whip. Place top half of cake over berries & cool whip. Add remaining berries and cool whip to top of cake and Enjoy!
We hope you enjoy the Sunday Fitness and Food Link-up! Please link-up with any food or fitness posts you would like to share and pass along the link to other bloggers. We just ask that you link back to the hosts, myself and my co-host Ilka and check out the other posts in the link! Also, feel free to add the badge below to your post by copying and pasting the code in the box under our badge. Have a great week and thank you for joining us!
|Grab the Badge Below!|
This recipe is being shared at: Confessions of a Mother Runner , A Whisk and Two Wands ,Running on Happy, The Fit Foodie Mama, Tasty Tuesdays, #Recipe of the week, Healthy Vegan Fridays, & What’s for Dinner Link-Up