Welcome to the Friday Five! This week I am sharing 5 benefits of protein. Proteins are important molecules that are made up of strings of amino acids. These amino acids are considered the “building blocks” of life. Here are 5 ways we benefit from eating protein:
1. Exercise Recovery- Protein is necessary for muscle tissue building, repair, and recovery. It is essential to get enough protein in your diet to help avoid tissue injury.
2. Satiates Appetite- High protein diets are associated with reduced caloric intake as protein dense meals help individuals feel full longer, which prevents snacking in between meals.
3. Increased Energy Level- Protein is a macronutrient, which is necessary for the body to function optimally, helping to increase overall energy level.
4. Optimal Brain Function- Consuming high quality proteins allows the building blocks to transport important messages to the brain, which helps with: motivation, cognition, & alertness.
5. Increased Muscle Mass- Eating protein stimulates an increase in muscle tissue production, while slowing down any breakdown. In turn, this aids in developing greater muscle mass and lean tissue.
Are you getting enough protein in your diet? The daily recommendation for Adult Women is 46 grams/day and Adult Men is 56 grams/day. One quick and easy way to add protein to your diet is by using a protein supplement. I recently received a box of Bob’s Red Mill Protein Powders to try and they have been a wonderful way for me to get the protein I need. They are great to add to shakes and smoothies! The powders are gluten free, vegan, use clean ingredients, and contain probiotics and amino acids. Today, I made the “Orange Juiciest” after I finished a long bike ride.
Here is what you need:
-1/3 Cup of Bob’s Red Mill Vanilla Protein Powder
-1 Cup Orange Juice
-6 ounces of Vanilla Yogurt
-1/2 Cup of Ice Cubes
Would you like to win a 1 pound bag of this fabulous protein powder in your flavor of choice: Vanilla, Chocolate, Chai, or Protein & Fiber? You can check out the entire line <Here> and enter for a chance to win below:
Are you eager to try this product right away? Click <HERE> for a coupon! So tell me, How do you get in your daily protein? Do you love smoothies? What flavor of Bob’s Red Mill are you eager to try?
(This is a sponsored post through Fit Approach and Bob’s Red Mill; however, all views expressed are my own).
This post is being shared at: Confessions of a Mother Runner , A Whisk and Two Wands ,Running on Happy, The Fit Foodie Mama, Tasty Tuesdays, #Recipe of the week, Gluten Free Friday, Healthy Vegan Fridays, , What’s for Dinner Link-Up , Running with SD & Erica Finds