I love this time of year when I am able to find Meyer Lemons in the grocery store. Meyer lemons are a favorite of mine and I use them in several different recipes. What makes them so special? They are sweeter than traditional lemons and they have such a lovely aroma. They are also very bright yellow with a hint of orange and have a softer, thinner skin than regular lemons. This week I am sharing a quick and easy recipe for Meyer Lemon Bars.
Here is what you will need:
-1 Stick of Butter, softened (8Tbsp)
-1 Cup of Flour
-1/3 Cup of Sugar
-1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
-12 Large Egg Yolks
-Lemon Zest from 6 Meyer Lemons, finely grated
-1 Cup Fresh Squeezed Juice from approximately 8-10 Meyer Lemons
-1 1/2 Sticks of Butter, cut into small pieces (12 Tbsp)
-1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare an 8×8 Baking dish by buttering the bottom and sides or spraying with cooking spray.
3. Mix together 1 softened stick of Butter, Flour, Sugar, & Salt with Mixer on low speed until combined and soft dough is formed.
4. Press dough evenly onto bottom of baking dish & 1/2 inch up sides, then chill dough for 30 minutes.
5. Bake crust for approximately 20 minutes or until very lightly browned.
6. Next, Combine Egg Yolks, Lemon Zest, and Lemon Juice in a saucepan.
7. Cook Egg Yolk and Lemon mixture over medium heat, stirring continually for approximately 15 minutes, or until thickened.
8. Pour Egg & Lemon mixture over crust in baking dish.
9. Chill until firm, at least 4 hours or overnight.
10. Cut Bars into squares and dust with Powdered Sugar. You may also garnish squares with lemon peel curls.
We hope you enjoy the Sunday Fitness and Food Link-up! Please link-up with any food or fitness posts you would like to share and pass along the link to other bloggers. We just ask that you link back to the hosts, myself and my co-host Ilka and check out the other posts in the link! Also, feel free to add the badge below to your post by copying and pasting the code in the box under our badge. Have a great week and thank you for joining us!
|Grab the Badge Below!|
This recipe is being shared at: Confessions of a Mother Runner , A Whisk and Two Wands ,Running on Happy, The Fit Foodie Mama, Tasty Tuesdays, #Recipe of the week, Healthy Vegan Fridays, & What’s for Dinner Link-Up