Welcome to the Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up! This week I am sharing a Gluten-Free version of Lemon Drop Cookies. These drop cookies are quick & easy and have a light lemony flavor. I have made them Gluten Free by switching out the regular flour for Coconut Flour & All Purpose Gluten Free Flour. Also, I used 2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil in place of 2 Tablespoons of Butter. I love coconut oil and try to sneak it into as many recipes as I can because of the wonderful health benefits it provides. It is important to use a high quality extra virgin coconut oil when using it in place of butter for baking to achieve similar results.
Here is what you will need:
-1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
-2 Tbsp of Coconut Oil
-5 Tbsp of Butter, softened
-2 tsp of grated Lemon Rind
-1/2 Cup of Honey
-1/2 tsp Lemon Extract
-1 Large Egg
-1/2 Cup of Coconut Flour
-1 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour, such as Bob’s Red Mill
-1 tsp Baking Powder
-1/4 tsp Salt
-1/2 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
-1 tsp Lemon Juice
-1 Cup Powdered Sugar
-2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
-2 tsp Grated Lemon Rind
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Beat Sugar, Coconut Oil, Butter, and Lemon Rind with Mixer until fluffy.
3. Add Honey, Lemon Extract, & Egg and beat until combined.
4. In separate bowl, whisk together both Flours, baking powder, and salt until blended.
5. Add Flour mixture, alternating with Yogurt to Sugar mixture and mix until combined.
6. Drop tablespoonfuls of cookie dough onto lined baking sheets or sheets coated with cooking spray.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
8. Remove cookies to wire rack to cool.
9. Whisk together Powdered Sugar & Lemon Juice until combined.
10. Brush Icing on warm cookies.
11. Top each cookie with a sprinkle of the Lemon Rind.
12. Enjoy! 🙂
We hope you enjoy the Sunday Fitness and Food Link-up! Please link-up with any food or fitness posts you would like to share (old or new) and pass along the link to other bloggers. We just ask that you limit the links to 3. Also, Please link back to the hosts, myself and my co-host Ilka and check out the other posts in the link & comment on each of the hosts & others that catch your eye! Also, feel free to add the badge below to your post by copying and pasting the code in the box under our badge. Have a great week and thank you for joining us!
|Grab the Badge Below!|
This recipe is being shared at: Confessions of a Mother Runner , A Whisk and Two Wands ,Running on Happy, The Fit Foodie Mama, Tasty Tuesdays, #Recipe of the week, Gluten Free Friday, Healthy Vegan Fridays, & What’s for Dinner Link-Up