Welcome to the Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up! School is finally out and we have just started to enjoy some Summer weather here in Maine. Fresh, local organic berries are starting to become available and I am in heaven with all of the lovely recipes I can prepare. This week I am featuring a simple Spring Mix Salad with Berries & Balsamic Vinaigrette that I love to make at this time of year.
Here is what you will need:
- 8 Cups of Spring Mix
- 3/4 Cup of fresh Blackberries
- 3/4 Cup of fresh Raspberries
- 3/4 Cup of fresh Blueberries
- 6 oz. of Goat Cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 Cup of Almonds, chopped
- 1/2 Cup of Raspberry Preserves
- 1/3 Cup of Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup of Honey
To Make Dressing:
1. Combine ingredients in medium bowl & whisk until well mixed
To Make Salad:
1. Place Spring Mix, Blackberries, Blueberries, & Raspberries in a large bowl and toss gently.
2. Add Goat Cheese & Almonds
Serve in Bowls and drizzle with dressing
(Yield: approximately 8 servings)
We hope you enjoy the Sunday Fitness and Food Link-up! Please link-up with any food or fitness posts you would like to share and pass along the link to other bloggers. We just ask that you link back to the hosts, myself and my co-host Ilka and check out the other posts in the link! Also, feel free to add the badge below to your post by copying and pasting the code in the box under our badge. Have a great week and thank you for joining us!
|Grab the Badge Below!|
This recipe is being shared at: Confessions of a Mother Runner , A Whisk and Two Wands ,Running on Happy, The Fit Foodie Mama, Tasty Tuesdays, #Recipe of the week, Gluten Free Friday, Healthy Vegan Fridays, & What’s for Dinner Link-Up & The Homestead Blog Hop