One of my favorite things about Summer is all of the wonderful fresh veggies from my garden. I love coming up with dishes that I can incorporate them into. Spinach and Sautéed Veggie Casserole is a favorite side dish or can be served as a Vegetarian Main Dish. It is easy to make and is also a great way to use up any vegetables you have on hand!
Here is what you will need:
-8×8 Baking Dish
-Olive Oil (or Cooking) Spray
-1 lb. of Fresh Baby Spinach
-6 oz. of Sliced Mushrooms
-1 Cup Yellow Squash, sliced and cut in half
-1 Bell Pepper Chopped (Red, Yellow, or Orange)
-1 Small Onion Chopped
-15 Small Cherry Tomatoes cut in half
-3 Garlic Cloves Minced
-1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
-2 Tbsp Butter
-1/2 Cup Shredded Cheese ( I use Monterey Jack/ Cheddar Mix or Mozzarella…whatever is in the fridge that will melt! )
-Flat Leaf Parsley for Garnish (optional)
1. Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees
2. Place Spinach in a large pot and cover with water, then wilt spinach over medium heat for approximately 3 minutes.
3. After Spinach is wilted, drain in colander, then press out excess water with paper towels.
4. Coat or Spray 8×8 Baking Dish with Olive Oil, then place wilted Spinach in dish.
5. Heat 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil in Skillet over medium heat. Add Bell Peppers, Onions, and Squash in skillet and sauté for 5 minutes, add mushrooms, stir and cover skillet for approximately 5 minutes until veggies begin to soften.
6. Remove cover from skillet and add minced garlic and 2 Tbsp of Butter and keep over medium heat until Butter is melted. Remove from heat and add cherry tomatoes.
7. Place sauteed veggies & butter mixture over wilted spinach in baking dish. Spread Cheese over the top.
8. Bake at 350 degrees on center rack of oven for approximately 20 minutes or until cheese has melted.
9. Cool and Serve!
What is your favorite way to eat vegetables? Do you have a go to recipe to use up veggies from your garden?
We hope you enjoy the Sunday Fitness and Food Link-up! Please link-up with any food or fitness posts you would like to share and pass along the link to other bloggers. We just ask that you link back to the hosts, myself and my co-host Ilka and check out the other posts in the link! Also, feel free to add the badge below to your post by copying and pasting the code in the box under our badge. Have a great week and thank you for joining us!
|Grab the Badge Below!|
This recipe is being shared at: Confessions of a Mother Runner , A Whisk and Two Wands ,Running on Happy, The Fit Foodie Mama, Tasty Tuesdays, #Recipe of the week, Healthy Vegan Fridays, & What’s for Dinner Link-Up & Allergy Free Thursdays