One of the best things about living in Maine for this foodie is the availability of fresh seafood. One of my absolute favorite things to pick up from our local fish market are Sea Scallops. This week I am sharing a simple Sea Scallops over Spinach Sauté Recipe. The recipe may be easy, but if prepared carefully, it is quite delicious and tastes like something you would have in a fine restaurant.
Here is what you will need (for 4 servings):
- 12 Large Sea Scallops
- Coarse Sea Salt & Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Butter, divided
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 White Onion, chopped
- 5 Cloves of Garlic, coarsely minced
- 8 oz. Shitake Mushrooms
- 8 Cups of Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1 Pint of Grape Tomatoes (or Cherry Tomatoes) cut in half
Directions for Scallops:
1. Place Sea Scallops in Shallow Bowl lined with Paper towels to absorb moisture
2. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
3. Let Scallops sit for at least 1 hour in bowl lined with paper towels in refrigerator to absorb moisture.
4. Heat 1 Tbsp of Butter over Medium Heat in Black Iron Skillet until softened.
5. Sprinkle Scallops with Ground Black Pepper.
6. Place Sea Scallops in pan and cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side, until slightly browned and heated through, remove from pan and keep warm. (*Be careful not to over cook)
Directions for Spinach:
1. Heat Coconut Oil in large pan over Medium Heat until melted.
2. Add Onions & Garlic, cook until softened, approximately 5 minutes.
3. Add 1 Tbsp of butter and Shitakes, sauté until softened, approximately 5 minutes.
4. Next, add Spinach, it will be heaping in the pan, but cover and cook over medium heat. Check & stir spinach after 2 minutes. Continue cooking with pan covered until spinach leaves have wilted, approximately 3 more minutes.
5. Uncover and add tomatoes, sauté for 1 minute & remove from heat.
6. Keep Warm.
7. Divide Spinach concoction between 4 plates and place 3 Scallops on top of each, Serve immediately.
We hope you enjoy the Sunday Fitness and Food Link-up! Please link-up with any food or fitness posts you would like to share and pass along the link to other bloggers. We just ask that you link back to the hosts, myself and my co-host Ilka and check out the other posts in the link! Also, feel free to add the badge below to your post by copying and pasting the code in the box under our badge. Have a great week and thank you for joining us!
|Grab the Badge Below!|