Run on Clouds: Mizuno Wave Sky Review
Thank you to Mizuno and Fitfluential for sponsoring this post! I received the Mizuno Wave Sky for free in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own, as always!
If you know me, you know I LOVE running. Almost as much as I love running, I love getting to try out new running shoe releases from my favorite companies. This month I had the opportunity to try the new Wave Sky sneakers from Mizuno. As I’ve said in the past, I am usually a die-hard Asics fan, but I am always open to trying new shoes. It’s good to switch things up and not be too set in your ways when it comes to running. Plus, last time I tried a pair of Mizuno sneakers in the Wave series, I LOVED them!
As with most new sneakers, I didn’t know what to expect with these. I did a little research on them before taking them out for a test run.
So what’s new about these Wave Sky sneakers? Well, let me share my Top 5 Favorite Things about them!
- They are a neutral shoe (which I prefer training in!) and claim to have the most plush, smooth ride of the entire Mizuno line. I can confirm this is 100% true! I felt like I was literally floating on clouds when I ran in them. I know some people don’t like that feeling, but I prefer comfort and stability when I run over anything else.
- They come in 3 awesome color patterns. Yes, I know this is just stylistic…but aesthetics matter! At least they do to me. I like feeling happy with the running gear I choose to train in and seeing the bright colors of these shoes when I opened the box just made me feel excited to run in them. I always appreciate when brands give consumers options for their style/color choices.
- They have a redesigned sock liner. Why is this important to me, you may ask? Well, it’s redesigned from their last Wave model to fit better with the running socks you choose to wear and contributes even more to you getting the most comfortable ride possible.
- They incorporate KEY Mizuno technologies. Their U4icX midsole is incredibly lightweight and delivers stress-free cushioning with high rebounds. Additionally, the Wave technology itself provides runners with a stable ride from landing to toe-off. The Wave Sky specifically features a redesigned Neutral Wave plate with cloudwave technology that enhances the responsive feel of the shoe.
- And lastly, I just feel GOOD in them when I run. You know those runs that just feel effortless (well almost effortless J )? That’s the type of run I’ve been having when I train in these! Mizuno says you “take your run to the sky” when you run in the Wave Sky sneakers. I would agree with that and so far I’ve loved incorporating them into my regular rotation of running sneakers.
Honestly, I am SO impressed with the innovative sneakers Mizuno has been releasing lately. They are truly pioneering running technology and have definitely made me think twice about choosing a new shoe for my training. I try not to be too brand loyal, but if Mizuno keeps releasing models as amazing as the Wave Sky, I just may become a convert. 😉
So tell me…
Have you run in Mizunos?
Have you tried the new Wave Sky model yet?
Do aesthetics matter to you when you choose a new pair of running sneakers?
Thank you for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below.