Happy New Year & Welcome back to the Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up! It seems like the past few weeks have just flown right by, but it also feels like forever since I have co-hosted this fun link-up party as I miss all of you. I hope you enjoyed a wonderful holiday season and 2017 has been good to you so far. I am not big on New Year’s resolutions, but I did make a goal to add more veggies into my (& my family’s) diet this year. So, I had a little fun experimenting in the kitchen this week, after my kids asked for some buffalo wings to accompany our weekly pizza night. What did I come up with? Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower with Healthy Ranch Dip. It turned out great and satisfied the need for a bit of spice without all the grease & fat!
- 2 heads of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of coarse ground black pepper
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 2/3 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Pre-heat over to 450 degrees and place rack in upper 1/3 shelf
- Cut cauliflower into medium size florets
- Place in rimmed baking sheet rubbed with olive oil
- Add 1 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, & pepper, then toss to combine
- Place in oven for approximately 20-25 minutes, until florets lightly brown, then remove
- In a small sauce pan, melt 6 Tbsp of butter over medium heat
- Add Frank's Hot Sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, garlic powder, & vinegar
- Whisk to combine, then remove from heat
- Place roasted cauliflower in large bowl and toss with Buffalo Sauce until coated
- Combine greek yogurt, dijon mustard, lemon juice, dill, & garlic powder in a small bowl
- Stir until combined
- Serve chilled with Buffalo Cauliflower
Do you have any New Year’s resolutions? How do you get your kid’s to eat their veggies? Have you ever tried Buffalo Cauliflower? I would love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below.
We hope you enjoy the Sunday Fitness and Food Link-up! Please link-up with any food or fitness posts you would like to share (old or new) and pass along the link to other bloggers. We just ask that you limit the links to 3. Also, Please link back to the hosts, myself and my co-host Ilka and check out the other posts in the link & comment on each of the hosts & others that catch your eye! Also, feel free to add the badge below to your post by copying and pasting the code in the box under our badge. Have a great week and thank you for joining us!
|Grab the Badge Below!|
Are you a fitness blogger looking for another great link-up? Check out the Weekly Wrap that goes live every Sunday at 5pm!
I am linking up with The Lazy Gastronome