Welcome to the Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up! This week I am making the kid’s favorite veggie side dish: Roasted Broccoli and Sweet Potatoes in Coconut Oil. It is very simple to make, but quite tasty! The coconut oil enhances the sweetness of the potatoes and roasting the broccoli gives it a nutty flavor. This can be paired with just about anything or could be a Vegetarian main course. Veggies for breakfast? I also enjoy eating the left overs with scrambled eggs in the morning.
Here is what you need:
-Rimmed Baking Sheet
-2 Medium sized Sweet Potatoes, peeled
-2 to 3 Broccoli Crowns, cut into florets
-2 Tbsp Coconut Oli
-Kosher Sea Salt (to taste)
1. Place oven rack in upper 1/3 of oven and Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Spray Baking Sheet lightly with Cooking Spray (I like to use Olive Oil or Coconut Oil Spray)
3. Peel sweet potatoes and cut into cubes, then cut broccoli crowns into florets and spread on the baking sheet
4. Place 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil on top of the vegetables. If you are not familiar with Coconut Oil it comes as a solid, but will melt when placed in the oven
5. Place in upper 1/3 of the Oven and roast for 5 minutes
6. After approximately 5 minutes, the Coconut Oil should be melted, so take out of the oven and toss vegetables to coat with the oil, then sprinkle with Sea Salt.
7. Place back in the oven and roast for additional 15 to 20 minutes. Remove when broccoli and sweet potatoes are lightly crisped.
What is your favorite way to eat sweet potatoes or broccoli? Let me know if you try this dish and what you think!
The Most Viewed Post this week was a Healthier Tandy Cake from: Courtney’s Cookbook
A Healthier Tandy Cake
The Host’s Choice this Week was the Greek Power Salad from: The Mostly Vegan
Greek Power Salad
We hope you enjoy the Sunday Fitness and Food Link-up! Please link-up with any food or fitness posts you would like to share (old or new) and pass along the link to other bloggers. We just ask that you limit the links to 3. Also, Please link back to the hosts, myself and my co-host Ilka and check out the other posts in the link & comment on each of the hosts & others that catch your eye! Also, feel free to add the badge below to your post by copying and pasting the code in the box under our badge. Have a great week and thank you for joining us!
I am also joining Deborah at Confessions of a Mother Runner and Sarah this week in their “Meatless Monday” link-up, as well as these other great Link-ups:Running on Happy, The Fit Foodie Mama, Tasty Tuesdays, #Recipe of the week, Real Food Fridays, Allergy Free Wednesday, Gluten Free Friday, Healthy Vegan Fridays, & What’s for Dinner Link-Up