Happy Sunday! I hope you had a great week. It has been super busy here at my house as I get back in the swing of things post holiday. Between work, Ironman training, and chauffeuring my kids all over the place, I am struggling to keep up. However, when my son asked me to bake his favorite cookies for his Birthday this week, I gladly obliged. I love baking, so it was fun to make a big batch of Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies. These cookies are a great treat and I have been known to eat 1 or 2 for breakfast. It’s like eating oatmeal right? I have shared a gluten free version of this recipe on my blog before <click here>, but the birthday boy requested the full on gluten version, so here it is!
- 1 3/4 Cups of Quick Cook Rolled Oats
- 1 1/2 Cups of Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 8 Tbsp (1 stick) of Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 Cup of packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Cane Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup of Milk Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 Cup of Banana, sliced, then cut into quarters
- Place rack in center of oven and preheat to 375 degrees.
- Combine the Oats, Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Cinnamon, & Salt in Medium Bowl and set aside.
- In Large Bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the Butter and Sugars until combined, about 1 minute.
- Add the Egg and Vanilla Extract and beat until Blended.
- Slowly add Flour Mixture, 1 cup at a time, use low speed on mixer to blend.
- Next, gently fold in Chocolate Chips and Banana with a wooden spoon.
- Place rounded tablespoonfuls of the dough onto a lined baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Try to make sure there is a piece of banana and chocolate chip in each one.
- Next, use the palm of your hand or the bottom of a glass to gently flatten the mounds of dough.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes, or until Cookies begin to slightly brown on the bottom.
- Transfer the Cookies to a wire rack to cool.
How was your week? Do you or your family have a favorite cookie? Do you have a recipe that you make gluten-full and gluten-free? Do you eat cookies for breakfast? I would love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below.
We hope you enjoy the Sunday Fitness and Food Link-up! Please link-up with any food or fitness posts you would like to share (old or new) and pass along the link to other bloggers. We just ask that you limit the links to 3. Also, Please link back to the hosts, myself and my co-host Ilka and check out the other posts in the link & comment on each of the hosts & others that catch your eye! Also, feel free to add the badge below to your post by copying and pasting the code in the box under our badge. Have a great week and thank you for joining us!
|Grab the Badge Below!|
Are you a fitness blogger looking for another great link-up? Check out the Weekly Wrap that goes live every Sunday at 5pm! Also, check out these other great link-ups this week: