Smoothie bowls seem to be all the rage these days! If you follow my blog, you already know that I have hopped right onto that bandwagon. I find that smoothie bowls are more enjoyable and seem to satisfy me more than the traditional breakfast smoothie. I do enjoy sitting down and eating my breakfast with a spoon rather than drinking it out of a straw on the go as well!
7 Essential Ingredients
So, what makes the perfect smoothie bowl? In general, anything goes, but to balance it out and ensure it is nutrient dense, there are 7 essential ingredients.
1. Greens- Spinach, kale, and cucumbers are just a few ideas!
2. Fruit- Anything goes with fruit! I like to use frozen bananas, strawberries, mango, & pineapple
3. Protein- I am not a huge fan of protein powders, so I like to add protein bars, such as Quest Protein Cereal Bars to my smoothie bowls.
4. Healthy Fats- Nuts, avocado, coconut oil are great choices for a healthy fat in your smoothie bowl
5. Superfoods- Yogurt, dark chocolate, chia seeds, and blueberries are just a few of my favorites to add!
6. Ice- I use ice to thicken the the concoction and make it easier to eat with a spoon!
7. Liquid- Almond Milk, Coconut Milk, or Coconut Water are just a few ideas for a healthy liquid to add.
Strawberry Banana Chocolate Smoothie Bowl
Here is a recipe for a new favorite Smoothie Bowl that is a giant hit with my kids!
- 1 Cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1 Cup Organic Baby Spinach
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1 Cup Frozen Strawberries
- 1 Quest Chocolate Cereal Protein Bar, cut into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp Almonds
- 2 Cups Ice Cubes
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Sliced Bananas
- Sliced Strawberries
- Place yogurt, baby spinach, banana, & strawberries in blender and blend on high until combined
- Add Quest Chocolate Cereal Protein Bar and blend on high until smooth
- Add almond butter, ice cubes, and almond milk and blend on high until smooth
- Pour into bowl and add toppings
Are you looking for more great smoothie bowl ideas? Click <Here> for my Tropical Protein Smoothie Bowl recipe. Are you looking for easy ways to add more protein to your diet? The Quest Protein Cereal Bars are a great way to do this and they come in 3 Amazing Flavors: Chocolate, Cinnamon Roll, and Waffle. You can grab them day or night at your local 7-Eleven!
Check out all of the Quest Protein Cereal Bars <Here>
So tell me: What is your “Go to Breakfast”? Are you a fan of Smoothie Bowls or do you prefer to drink your Smoothie? What flavor of Quest Bar are you going to pick up on your next stop at 7-Eleven?
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a Great Week!