*This post is sponsored by Dr. Praeger’s, however all opinions expressed are my own.
Happy Monday, I hope you had a great weekend! The majority of my Saturday and Sunday were spent in a hockey rink as my son had several practices and scrimmages to prepare for his team’s State Finals next weekend. In between shuttling back in forth to hockey rinks, I squeezed in house work and Ironman training. This left little time for cooking, so we did the take-out routine all weekend! I don’t mind doing this from time to time, but 3 days in a row is not standard. I decided to get the family back on track today with healthy eating by declaring that Meatless Monday dinners were back on our weekly meal plan. So tonight we are having this delicious Gluten Free Veggie Burger Salad with the Works!
I recently discovered Dr. Praeger’s All American Veggie Burgers in the freezer section at our grocery store. I have been a long time fan of veggie burgers, but the Dr. Praeger’s brand caught my eye as they are gluten free, soy free, kosher, and vegan. They also have the Non-GMO Project Verification and each burger is packed with 25 grams of protein. Most importantly, they taste fabulous! They are the perfect ingredient for my Gluten Free Veggie Burger Salad with the Works!
Gluten Free Veggie Burger Salad with the Works!
Yields 4 Servings
- 4 Dr. Praeger's All American Veggie Burgers
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1/2 Cup Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion, diced
- 1/2 Cup Ketchup
- 2 Tbsp Yellow Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Head Butter Leaf Lettuce, torn apart
- 1 Head Iceberg Lettuce, torn apart
- 1 Cup Cheddar Jack Cheese, shredded
- 4 Whole Dill Pickles, coarsely chopped
- 2 Cups Grape Tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4 Gluten Free Hamburger Buns
- 1/3 Cup Butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook Dr. Praeger's All American Veggie Burgers for 6 minutes on each side or until browned, then remove from pan.
- Add 1 Tbsp of olive oil to skillet over medium heat.
- Then, add green bell pepper, red bell pepper, mushrooms, and red onion.
- Saute veggies until softened, approximately 8 minutes and remove from heat.
- Cut up veggie burgers into small pieces and return to pan with peppers, mushrooms, and onion.
- Stir in ketchup, yellow mustard, and dijon mustard until well combined. (Veggie burgers will crumble)
- Place torn apart lettuces on 4 plates, then add 3/4 cup of veggie burger mixture on top.
- Add 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, 1/4 cup of cheese and 1 chopped pickle on top of each salad.
- Top with croutons and serve.
- Place rack in upper 1/3 of oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- Cut up gluten free burger buns into chunks and place on baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake in over for approximately 12 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Place croutons in large bowl and toss with butter, garlic salt, and black pepper.
So Tell Me…
Have you ever tried Dr. Praeger’s All American Veggie Burgers or any other of their great products? Do you ever participate in Meatless Mondays? What is your favorite Meatless dish to serve? How do you get back on track with healthy eating?
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below.
Have a Great Week!