Welcome to the Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up! This week I am sharing a Gluten-Free Veggie Pizza with Cauliflower Crust. This recipe is quick & easy and, in my opinion, just as delicious as regular pizza, but much easier on the tummy & waistline!
On Friday nights we have a family pizza night where the kids make their own pizza, toppings and all. It is something we all look forward to after a busy week. In an effort to eat healthy, one of the pizzas we typically whip up is a veggie version with a cauliflower crust, alongside the one’s that the kids make.
Here is what you will need:
-1 Head of Cauliflower or a 16 oz bag of Cauliflower Crumbles
-1/2 Cup of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
-1/4 Cup of Shredded Parmesan Cheese
-1/4 tsp of Basil
-1/4 tsp of Oregano
-1 tsp of Minced Garlic
-3 Tbsp of Brown Rice Flour
-Your Choice of toppings: We added Pizza Sauce, Mozzarella Cheese, Goat Cheese Crumbles, Shallots, Bell Peppers, Mushrooms, Onion, & Artichoke Hearts
1. Preheat Oven to 450 degrees
2. Chop Cauliflower and add to food processor, pulse it until it has a rice like consistency. OR, use Cauliflower Crumbles. I was so excited when I saw this in the produce section of the grocery store, as it will be a real time saver in the kitchen for me.
3. Place “riced”cauliflower in bowl and add 2 Tbsp of water. Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and microwave for about 8 minutes.
4. Let the cauliflower cool & be careful when removing plastic wrap as the steam will seep out.
5. Drain cauliflower after it has cooled and place on double layer of paper towels. Then take an additional double layer of paper towels and place on top. Press the moisture out of the cauliflower.
6. Place back in bowl and mix in cheese, basil, oregano, & garlic.
7. Whisk 2 eggs in bowl, then mix eggs into cauliflower concoction.
8. Next, add 3 Tbsp of Brown Rice Flour (you can use regular flour if you are not making gluten free), and blend until well mixed and “dough” is sticky.
9. Spread mixture onto pan coated with olive oil and shape into circle.
10. Add your toppings! I made a veggie pizza, but you can add whatever you like. This pizza has 3/4 Cup of Pizza Sauce, 3/4 cup of Mozzarella Cheese, 3 Tbsp of Goat Cheese Crumbles, 1 sliced shallot, 1/2 Cup of chopped Bell Peppers, 1/4 Cup of Chopped Onions, & 1/4 Cup of Artichoke Hearts.
11. Bake at 450 degrees on center rack of oven for 9 to 11 minutes or until edges brown slightly and cheese has melted.
12. Let cool and slice! You may need to eat the pizza with a fork when it is hot, but it does have all the wonderful flavors of a standard pizza. (TIP: The longer you let the Pizza cool, the easier it will be to eat like a slice of Pizza, rather than with a fork).
We hope you enjoy the Sunday Fitness and Food Link-up! Please link-up with any food or fitness posts you would like to share (old or new) and pass along the link to other bloggers. We just ask that you limit the links to 3. Also, Please link back to the hosts, myself and my co-host Ilka and check out the other posts in the link & comment on each of the hosts & others that catch your eye! Also, feel free to add the badge below to your post by copying and pasting the code in the box under our badge. Have a great week and thank you for joining us!
|Grab the Badge Below!|
This recipe is being shared at: Confessions of a Mother Runner , A Whisk and Two Wands ,Running on Happy, The Fit Foodie Mama, Tasty Tuesdays, #Recipe of the week, Real Food Fridays, Gluten Free Friday, Healthy Vegan Fridays, & What’s for Dinner Link-Up