***This post is sponsored by Molly’s Suds, but all opinions expressed here are my own.
Happy Monday, I hope you had a great weekend! As usual, it was a busy one here with all sorts of family activities. Hockey season started for my son and my daughter was busy with her gymnastics schedule. I am gearing up to officially start training for Ironman Lake Placid, so I ran a local 5K on Saturday to get some baseline heart rate data. Afterward, I came home to tackle the mountain of laundry that had accumulated over the week! I will say that with all of the athletic activities my family is involved in, the laundry can be overwhelming and incredibly malodorous. I was joking with a friend about how stinky my running clothes and the kid’s sports clothes can become. She told me that she has the same problem and has to replace her running clothes frequently because she cannot get the odor out. I was suprised at the frequency she did this, so I shared with her how I keep my family’s fitness clothes fresh and fabulous!
Five Ways to Keep Your Fitness Clothes Fresh & Fabulous
1. Air Out Your Clothes: After a hard workout, don’t toss your sweaty clothes in the laundry basket or roll them up in a ball at the bottom of your gym bag. One of the best things to do is air them out. I like to lay mine on the edge of the tub or put them outside so they can dry and breathe in the fresh air.
2. Turn them Inside Out: Turning your clothes inside out before washing them helps ensure that your laundry detergent is working on the stinkiest parts of your clothes. An added bonus is that flipping your clothes inside out prevents them from fading in the wash.
3. Don’t go Overboard on the Detergent: More is better, right? Not when it comes to using extra detergent to get the stench out of your gym clothes! More detergent will add soap scum to your clothes, which can lead to a buildup of mold and mildew.
4. Do Use a Sports Detergent: I discovered Molly’s Suds All Sport Laundry Wash a few months ago and it has been a real “clothes saver” when it comes to stinky hockey clothes, sweaty running tights, and dirty gymnastics leotards! The odor in the clothes is caused by bacteria and Molly’s Suds All Sport Laundry Wash uses “colloidal micelles”, which penetrate clothes and help break up oil and dirt molecules into soluble biodegradable components to get them out of your workout wear.
5. Forget the Fabric Softener: Fabric softener or dryer sheets clog the fibers of athletic clothing fabric, which keeps water and detergent from being able to get into the material for a deep clean. Using fabric softener or dryer sheets can also damage the moisture-wicking capability of performance clothing. I discovered a fantastic alternative to dryer sheets: Molly’s Suds Wool Dryer Balls . The dryer balls are a natural way to soften fabric because the wool does not coat the fibers of the material with toxins the way liquid fabric softeners and dryer sheets do. They are easy to use and compostable too! All you need to do is toss them in your dryer and leave them there. They are good for up to 1,000 loads of laundry and they may help to reduce drying time by up to 30%. If you are looking for added scent to your clothes, add a few drops of essential oils onto the balls and allow them to set over night before adding them to your next dryer load.
After using the Molly’s Suds All Sport Laundry Wash and Dryer Balls, I decided to try all the laundry products and I love them! One of my favorite things about this company is that they have a “no compromise” attitude when it comes to their products and they only use the purest ingredients! They are Certified Cruelty Free and their products are Certified Vegan. Check out my latest package of goodies from Molly’s Suds here:
Molly’s Suds Giveaway
I am hosting a giveaway for 1 lucky winner to receive:
- 70 Load Laundry Powder (Peppermint or Unscented
- 1 Set of Wool Dryer Balls
- 1 Bag of Oxygen Whitener
- Free Surprise Gift
You can enter the contest here:
Are you eager to try Molly’s Suds products to help keep your regular and fitness clothes smelling fresh and fabulous? For 25% off your next purchase, use this discount code: MARATHONMOTIVATION
How do you keep your fitness clothes smelling fresh? Do you use any of the methods I described above? Have you ever tried Molly’s Suds before?
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a great week!
#MollysSuds #SafeSuds #IngredientsMatter #CleanLaundry