*This post is sponsored by Primal Pit Paste, all opinions expressed are my own.
Happy Friday, I hope you have had a great week! It has been a while since I have written a Friday Five post, but I was inspired to do so after scurrying to the gym earlier this week to get in a swim workout. It was a hectic day and I was very rushed between getting the kids to school and heading to work. I had just enough time to swim the 2,500 yards scheduled on my training plan, only to realize that I had I left my swimsuit at home…yikes!!! I typically carry an extra suit in my bag along with a few other items, so checkout these Five Gym Bag Essentials for the Triathlete and never get caught in a lurch like me!
Five Gym Bag Essentials for the Triathlete
1. Swimsuit- An extra swimsuit in your gym bag, even if it is an old one that you are ready to give to Goodwill, is better than nothing! Until this past week, I had always kept one in my bag as I had found myself a few years back in a similar situation…getting undressed to swim, only to realize I had nothing to swim in!
2. Goggles and Swim Cap- Oh swimming again! Swimming may always be the shortest distance in triathlons, but it often times requires the most planning. As I have found myself without a suit to get in the water, once I did not have goggles when I got to the pool. I ended up finding a pair of kid’s goggles in the lost and found and borrowed them to complete my long swim. It was not only extremely uncomfortable to swim 2 miles with kiddie sized goggles, but I had the worst raccoon eyes for the rest of the day! As far as swim caps, I tuck the ones that I get at races in my bag, so I always have one on hand.
3. Sneakers- An old pair of running shoes in your bag will ensure you are always prepared to run on the treadmill, do your cardio class, or get your strength training in. This is particularly important during winter months, as you head out the door in snowy conditions wearing boots.
4. Undergarments- I also like to keep an extra bra, underwear, and socks in my bag. I will never forget the day I went to the gym in my workout gear and was very proud of getting my training in before work. As I rushed out of the shower to get my work clothes on, I realized I did not have a bra with me!! I ended up having to wear my sweaty running bra to work that day…yuck! After that incident, I made sure to put an extra set of undergarments in my bag.
5. Deodorant- Nothing is worse for me than not having deodorant before and after my workout! I make sure to always have an extra one in my bag. My absolute favorite is Primal Pit Paste!
Primal Pit Paste
Why do I love Primal Pit Paste so much? It is an all natural deodorant that is free of aluminum and other harmful ingredients. It is designed to support the body’s own natural detoxification process. It allows you to sweat, but neutralizes the odor from bacteria and absorbs wetness as it is made with baking soda, arrowroot powder, and kaolin clay. These deodorants also contain coconut oil and shea butter that moisturize the skin. They smell fabulous and come in some wonderful scents: Coconut Lime, Lemongrass, Orange Creamsicle, Royal & Rogue, Jasmine and Lavender. They are also available in Charcoal and Unscented. My favorite is the Lemongrass! These all natural deodorants are available in a few forms: Spray, Stick Deodorant, or a Paste to apply under your armpits.
Would you like to try Primal Pit Paste?
If you would like to try this great product, enter my Giveaway Here:
So Tell Me…
Have you ever arrived at the gym without an essential item? What do you keep in your gym bag? Have you ever tried Primal Pit Paste? What scent is your favorite or which one would you like to try?
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a Great Weekend!