*Sponsored post: This post is sponsored by Shine Organics, but the opinions expressed here are my own.
Happy Monday, I hope you had a great weekend! It was a beautiful one here in Maine. I got to enjoy a lovely hike with my family on Saturday and a solo bike ride on my favorite route Sunday. I also did some meal prep for the week, as I am working hard to eat healthy. I made a goal to include five superfoods in my diet every day.
What are Superfoods?
“Superfood” is a term to describe anything edible that is a nutritional powerhouse. These foods contain high amounts of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. They may also aid in weight loss and reduce the risk of chronic diseases in individuals that consistently eat them. These nutrient dense foods can help increase one’s energy level as well!
Five Fabulous Superfoods
1. Apples- As the old adage goes, “An apple a day…”. Apples contain the antioxidant quercetin, which may reduce your risk of lung cancer.
2. Pumpkin- I don’t mean Pumpkin Spice Lattes… Real pumpkin is loaded with the natural cancer fighting substances alpha and beta carotene. I absolutely love to cook with it, some of my favorite things to make are: pumpkin soup and pasta with pumpkin sauce.
3. Bananas-Bananas are loaded with fiber and full of potassium. They are one of my favorite grab and go superfoods!
4. Blackberries- These delicious berries contain more antioxidants than blueberries, cranberries, or strawberries. I frequently add them to salads and smoothies, or just eat them by the handful.
5. Chia Seeds- These tiny seeds are a favorite as they can be added to just about anything. They contain high amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, healthy fats, and protein.
After I made my commitment to eating at least five superfoods a day, I began to think of different ways to make sure I would hit my goal. This is when I discovered Shine Organics at Target near the applesauce section. These delicious snacks come in a pouch and contain a blend of organic superfoods. They are perfect after a hard workout or when I need an “on the go” snack. My kids love to take them in their school lunch box and my husband uses them to energize before a run. Shine Organics snack pouches are the easiest way for me and my family to get in my superfoods every single day!
Click <Here> for $1.00 off a 4 pack of Shine Organics
So Tell Me…
What is your favorite superfood? Do you make nutritional goals for yourself and/or your family? Have you ever tried Shine Organics? What is your favorite flavor or which flavor will you try first? As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Thank you so much for stopping by, have a great week!