Happy Easter and welcome to the Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up! I hope you are enjoying this special day. We have had a fun weekend here celebrating the holiday and the beginning of my children’s school vacation week. Yesterday, we boiled 3 dozen eggs and colored them! The kids got creative with fancy swirls and tie-dyes. It was so much fun! However, there were some eggs that inadvertently cracked before they made it to the coloring stage, so I needed to find a way to use them. I wanted to jazz up my current recipe for egg salad and here is what I came up with: Curried Avocado and Egg Salad. I have to admit that this was on the fly, but it turned out great!
Serves 3/4 Cup
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Orange Bell Pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Shallots, finely chopped
- 6 Hard Boiled Eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 Avocados, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1. Whisk together mayonnaise, dijon mustard, white vinegar, lemon juice, curry powder, salt, & pepper in a medium bowl.
- 2. Fold in celery, bell pepper, and shallots
- 3. Add chopped eggs and gently toss
- 4. Fold in Avocado chunks and gently toss
*Tip: If storing Avocado & Egg Salad overnight, place a thin layer of lemon juice on top to prevent avocado from browning.
Did you color any Easter eggs this weekend? What is your favorite way to repurpose the eggs? Do you have a favorite egg salad recipe? As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Thanks you so much for stopping by!
We hope you enjoy the Sunday Fitness and Food Link-up! Please link-up with any food or fitness posts you would like to share (old or new) and pass along the link to other bloggers. We just ask that you limit the links to 3. Also, Please link back to the hosts, myself and my co-host Ilka and check out the other posts in the link & comment on each of the hosts & others that catch your eye! Also, feel free to add the badge below to your post by copying and pasting the code in the box under our badge. Have a great week and thank you for joining us!
|Grab the Badge Below!|