Happy Sunday! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. The weather has finally warmed up here and it is a beautiful day here in Maine. My Ironman training is also at it’s peak of difficulty with 2 mile swims, 100 mile bike rides, and 16 mile runs on deck each week. It is very intense, but I love it! I have been focusing on my nutrition, but definitely like a treat after really long workouts. I discovered the Quest Hero Bars recently and they really hit the spot! They taste like a dessert, but are loaded with protein and are low in calories.
I do love playing around in the kitchen, so I decided to get creative and add them to my favorite portable cakes that I enjoy after a long swim workout. The result was delicious! Here is the quick and easy recipe.
Serves 1 muffin
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 12 Muffin Liners
- 5 Eggs
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 4 Cups Whole Grain Bread, cubed
- 2 Vanilla Caramel Quest Hero Bars, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place muffin liners in muffin pan
- Place eggs in food processor and pulse
- Add coconut milk, melted coconut oil, brown sugar, cocoa, vanilla extract, and cinnamon to food processor
- Pulse until combined
- Add bread cubes and soak for 5 minutes
- Pulse mixture until smooth
- Fold in Vanilla Caramel Quest Hero Bar pieces
- Pour batter evenly into each of the muffin liners making sure each one has pieces of the Quest Hero Bar
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center come out clean
What is your favorite treat after a long workout? How do you get in all your protein needs? Have you tried the Quest Hero Bars? What is your favorite flavor? Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below.
Have a Great Week!