*This post is sponsored by Hannaford
Happy February, so how are you surviving Winter? It has been a cold and blustery season so far here in Maine. We have had several big snow storms that have required hunkering down inside! I have to admit that I love a good old fashion Nor’easter. It means spending the day with my family, often times sitting by the fire and catching up on some reading or playing board games with the kids. I also enjoy cooking some of my favorite comfort foods while nestled indoors. One of my favorite soups to make during the dark days of winter is Chicken Noodle Soup with Spinach and Toasted Baguette.
We are getting another monster snow storm today, so yesterday I headed to Hannaford to stock up on groceries and get everything I needed to make this Chicken Noodle Soup with Spinach and Toasted Baguette.
I am really enjoying shopping with the Hannaford app! In case you missed my post on Tips for Eating Healthy on a Budget you can check it out <HERE>. It describes all of the wonderful benefits. Shoppers earn a 2% reward on the foods they purchase most often!
The Hannaford app also has a ton of great coupon deals. I love browsing through the coupons on this convenient app and virtually clipping the coupons that I plan to use at the store. The clipped coupons are applied when you scan your rewards barcode or enter the phone number you used to sign up when you check out at the store. It is so quick and easy! Yesterday I saved over $12.00 while shopping.
I also earned some free groceries when I signed up! Check out all of the goodies I got for FREE here:
Now, onto my favorite soul warming soup recipe! One thing that makes this soup extra delicious is sautéing the veggies prior to throwing them in the pot. Check it out here:
Chicken Noodle Soup with Spinach and Toasted Baguette
- 2-3 lbs of Taste of Inspirations® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 Cup Carrots, sliced
- 1/2 Cup Celery, chopped
- 1 Cup Onion, chopped
- 2 - 3 Cloves of Garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup Green Bell Pepper, diced
- 8 ounces of Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Basil
- 2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- (1) 10 1/2 ounce Can of Hannaford® Cream of Celery Soup
- (1) 10 1/2 ounce Can of Hannaford® Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 8 Cups of Nature's Place® Organic Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- 8 ounces of Fresh Baby Spinach
- 2 Cups of Hannaford® Wide Egg Noodles
- 1 Multigrain Baguette
- 3 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup Taste of Inspirations® Smoked Gouda Cheese (or your favorite cheese), shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Salt and pepper chicken to taste, then bake at 350 degrees for approximately 50 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cut baked chicken into thick chunks and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a dutch oven over medium heat.
- Sauté the onion, carrots, celery, bell pepper, and mushrooms in the olive oil for approximately 8 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic, oregano, thyme, and basil to and sauté for an additional one minute.
- Add the chicken stock and boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the 2 cans of cream soup, one can of water.
- Then, add egg noodles and lightly boil for 15 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and spinach, heat until spinach has wilted, then remove from heat.
- Serve hot with toasted baguette and Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice baguette into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Brush tops of baguette slices with olive oil and place on a rimmed pan coated with cooking spray.
- Top each slice of baguette with a Tbsp of cheese and 2 slices of cherry tomatoes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted and baguette slices have lightly browned.
- Serve warm with soup
So Tell Me…
How are you surviving the winter? Do you enjoy cooking on a snowy day? What is your favorite comfort food? Have you tried the Hannaford app yet or signed up for Hannaford Rewards? One of my favorite things is the clipless coupons. What is your favorite part?
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Have a Great Week and Stay Warm!