The Friday 5: Fun Reasons to do a Triathlon
It's the Friday Five and with triathlon season starting up, I am sharing 5 fun reasons to do a Triathlon! Here they are:
1. Friends: I have met some wonderful friends through triathlon training. A long run with good friends is my "Happy Hour" or a 50 mile bike ride with the girls is my Saturday "Shopping Spree".
2. Endorphins: Endorphins reduce the sensation of pain and can elevate emotions. Ahhhh....nothing and I mean Nothing alleviates stress better for me than a good hard long run!!
3. "Smelling the Roses": A long bike ride is often an opportunity to stop and "smell the roses". Biking gives me a chance to enjoy the outdoors and slowly take in some of the beautiful scenery here in Maine.
4. Food: I love to eat! Endurance training allows me to occasionally indulge in some wonderful higher calorie meals, guilt free!
5. Bling: Competing in Triathlons & Marathons over the past 5 years has brought a lot of Bling into my life! My most prized medal is the one below from Ironman Mont Tremblant last Summer (2015). You may notice my broken shifter next to it, which is another story you can read about *here*
After a very difficult triathlon season last Summer complete with a bad bike accident, writing this post was so refreshing. It reminded me of the many things I love about the sport and has me eager for this season.
Have you ever done a triathlon? If not, would you like to? I would love to hear your thoughts, so please comment below!
One last thing: I do have a giveaway running through this Sunday (May 1, 2016) at midnight for a full jar of Amazing Grass Protein Superfood, so please check out this post for more information and for some awesome smoothie recipes!
Have a Fantastic Friday!