Penne Pasta and Chicken Sausage with Veggies
I LOVE Summer and try to soak up every minute as the warm weather is only here for a short time in Maine. For week night meals, I try to make quick and easy recipes that are also a good left-over dish. This week I am sharing my Penne Pasta with Chicken Sausage recipe. I received some samples of Al Fresco Sweet & Smokey BBQ Chicken Sausage to try, which was perfect for this dish! The sausage can be prepared on the barbecue grill, then sliced or tossed in with the other veggies.
Here is what you will need:
- 1/2 Cup chopped White Onion
- 1/2 Cup chopped Red Pepper
- 1/2 Cup chopped Orange Pepper
- 1/2 Cup chopped Yellow Pepper
(or you can just use 1 1/2 cups of one color Pepper, but I like the added color of mixing the 3!)
- 3 Garlic Cloves finely chopped
- 4 oz of Fresh Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 lb. of (Fully Cooked) Al Fresco Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage, Sliced
- 1 lb. of Penne Pasta (Can be made with Rice Pasta for Gluten Free version)
- 1 Cup of Frozen Sweet Peas
- 2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Heat 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil in frying pan over medium heat, then add Peppers and Onions. Sauté until soft, approximately 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add additional 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil and Mushrooms, stir and cover pan with lid. Cook until mushrooms soften, approximately 3 to 4 minutes, stir occasionally.
3. Remove lid from pan and add garlic, sauté for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
4. Place all veggies in a bowl and keep warm.
5. Add Sliced Chicken Sausage over Medium Heat and Cook until heated through. Then, add veggies back to pan, stir, remove from heat and Keep Warm.
6. Cook Penne Pasta in Salted Water according to directions. During the Last 3 Minutes of cooking Pasta, ADD the Peas.
7. When the pasta is done, drain & rinse. Then, return Pasta and Peas to cooking pot, add Veggies and Sausage. Toss to combine, add more Olive Oil if needed, Salt & Pepper to taste!
Al Fresco is hosting a $500 Summer Giveaway, click HERE to enter and vote for your favorite grilling recipes!
We hope you enjoy the Sunday Fitness and Food Link-up! Please link-up with any food or fitness posts you would like to share and pass along the link to other bloggers. We just ask that you link back to the hosts, myself and my co-host Ilka and check out the other posts in the link! Also, feel free to add the badge below to your post by copying and pasting the code in the box under our badge. Have a great week and thank you for joining us!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of al fresco. The opinions and text are all mine.