I am always trying to find ways to get my kids to eat their veggies and sometimes a little “costume” goes a long way, here is a favorite: Apsaragus wrapped with prosciutto! My kids eat these dressed-up asparagus spears almost as enthusiastically as french fries! The crispy texture of the prosciutto paired with the asparagus make a flavorful combination! This asparagus along with baked haddock is a quick & easy week night meal, as well as delicious and kid friendly.
Here is what you will need to make dinner for 4:
-1 Bunch of Asparagus (approx. 1 1/4 lbs.)
-Olive Oil Spray
-6 ounces of Prosciutto
-Coarse Black Pepper (optional)
-1 1/4 lbs. of Haddock
-1 small Lemon thinly sliced
-1/2 small Onion thinly sliced
-Old Bay Seasoning (approx. 2 tsp)
-2 Tbsp melted Butter
I prepare the asparagus first, then turn the oven temperature down to bake the haddock, or if you have double ovens (lucky you!), you can put them in at the same time!
1. Place rack in Broiler position in top of oven and preheat to 450 degrees.
2 Spray rimmed Baking sheet with Cooking Spray or Olive Oil Spray
3. Cut Bottom Ends off of Asparagus
4. Make bundles of 3 to 4 Asparagus Spears (depending upon size, if the spears are large, make the bundles smaller)
5. Tear Prosciutto Slices in half and wrap around the Asparagus bundles. (*The prosciutto can be finicky and will not always tear evenly, but no matter how the bundles look when wrapped, they turn out delicious!).
6. Once all of the Asparagus is wrapped and on baking sheet, Spray lightly with Olive Oil and if you desire, sprinkle with coarse black pepper.
7. Broil on top rack of oven for 10 minutes…if you remember, turn them over after 5 minutes for more even cooking, but they taste great even if you forget!
1. Turn oven temp down to 350 degrees and move rack to Center of oven
2. Spray rimmed baking pan or 13×9 glass baking dish with Olive Oil (or Cooking Spray)
3. Place Haddock in dish or pan and brush with 1 Tbsp of melted butter
4. Place thin slices of onions on top of haddock
5. Sprinkle with Old Bay Seasoning as desired
6. Next, place thinly sliced lemons on top of Haddock with onion slices
7. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp of Butter (but if cutting calories you can omit the extra butter)
8. Bake Haddock on Center rack of oven at 350 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes
I like to serve the Haddock over a bed of jasmine rice or steamed spinach and place the asparagus on the side. (PS- I slide the Onions and Lemon off before serving to the Little Ones, but I leave them on for the adults!)
We hope you enjoy the Sunday Fitness and Food Link-up! Please link-up with any food or fitness posts you would like to share and pass along the link to other bloggers. We just ask that you link back to the hosts, myself and my co-host Ilka and check out the other posts in the link! Also, feel free to add the badge below to your post by copying and pasting the code in the box under our badge. Have a great week and thank you for joining us!
|Grab the Badge Below!|